Thursday, January 03, 2008

Hello 2008!

2008. Can you stand it? It's 2008!!!!!!

I unfortunately (or fortunately) rang in the new year alone and with a wicked chest cold. I couldn't even stay up until Midnight!!! Hey, what can you do? New Year's is my least favorite "holiday" anyway (single or not), and I needed the much needed rest and relaxation. I am beginning to feel better today.

My chest cold is now officially a head cold, but I think I am making progress. I am hoping a weekend of TomFoolery will cure my remaining ailments! (yep, Rock Band Party at Tammy's this weekend! Hope my voice is ready


In other news, I went to see Sweeney Todd. It was great but I think a little gratuitous in the gore department. It really did not need to be so skull crushingly (literally) violent. Really a little arterial spray goes a long way. Everyone was wonderful, they did a great job, left a few things out but nothing too major really. I was happy with it. Ah, Tim Burton, way to costume Johnny and Helena as the flesh embodiments of the Corpse Bride and her Love. More on that later when I feel like deconstructing the movie more.:)



Basically, I have started out the new year being sick and sorta looking like Mr Todd and Mrs Lovette up there...No need to worry, I have a plan! This year will be the best yet because I have gotten all the sickness out of the way in the beginning!!

See, it's good to be optimistic!!:)






3 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

Will 2008 be the year of optimism? I may try it...but I'm soooo good at pessimism!!

1:16 PM, January 03, 2008  
Blogger Sparkles said...

hey i didn't stay up much past 12 on new years, so don't feel bad. when i say this i mean i was in bed by 12:15! i don't see what the big hype is anyways :) optimism in the new year though... maybe i will try that out too.

2:45 PM, January 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started this year with a cold too! It sucks big time!!

8:09 AM, January 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home