Friday, March 16, 2007

Music and Mayhem

Anothony Kiedis, lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers has been featured in the March issue of BLENDER magazine. Here are a few excerpts and pics I thought were pretty funny but you can catch the full article here.





There’s something absolutely freeing about being able to turn your body into a whirling dervish. There’s a reason why people have danced for 20,000 years. Dancing gets the attention of the spirits.”

If not the spirits, something’s clearly working in Kiedis’s favor. At 44, he has the body of a surf stud...

Nope. He doesn’t even work out. “The last time I worked out was probably in 1990,” he says. “Somewhere along the way I realized that I could get my body to be the way I wanted without working out.”

His only secret, he says, is Pepperdom. “Performing, dancing and singing simultaneously — if you can do all that and hit the notes, you’re in there. My nurse recently went to karaoke and tried to do ‘Can’t Stop’ and said that halfway through she was out of breath. And she’s an athlete.”




He's a freaky, crazy dude, but I love the music he and his bandmates create. Music should MOVE you. It is an extension of your soul, and hence, your self. It should move you to DaNcE, sing, laugh, cry, reflect on the past or look into the future. Music IS emotion, whether you play it, listen to it or both.

I often think about the soundtrack of my life, how it changes and swells, the mellows and the highs. When I get nostalgic, many times it is because I hear a song from a specific time or happening. If I could, I would have a multidisc collection from my earliest musical memories to the present and continue to add to it.

Sting and RHCP have remained tops on my list because their music continues to move and inspire me. They are consistant in their craft and are always evolving. I love (all sorts of) music because it affects me in so many different ways. My most favorite music pulls me up and makes me happy and hopeful. Ultimately, music speaks to who I really am.

"A Whirling Dervish in a flurry of fox-to-trot"

3 Comments:

Blogger Sparkles said...

i love it!!! i feel the exact same way about music. some will make you sing along, some will make you dance, some will make you laugh and some will make you cry. this is why i love music so much cause it evokes so much emotion whether the feelings that come out are happy, sad, mad or excited.

i love that first pic too. that is great!

see you wednesday :)

10:43 PM, March 19, 2007  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

He would have a nice bod...if not for the ink.

11:14 AM, March 21, 2007  
Blogger C.C. said...

Yes Lamby, he has WAY too much INK. He definately has the hotness going for him, but we all know how I dispise tatoos...it's like grafiticizing an already perfect work of art: The human body!

All that matters is the music baby!

:)

11:37 AM, March 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home