Thursday, March 01, 2007

Thursday Thoughts at Work

So it's Thursday.

I have been Supervising, training and pitching in in the Sample Department for the last two weeks to get some major mailings out the last two weeks. The person who does this is out sick so I have headed the force that has kept our samples and catelog mailings under control.

Today the word was put out by the higher ups that it is taking too much of my time and that I need to be freed up to do more of my regular work. Funny thing is that I was told I would be doing all of this by my Supervisor so I figured this was priority and purchasing would have to miss me for a few days a week max while I got everyone on track and oversaw etc. I also got in there and stuffed envelopes and made sample kits on top of setting a schedule and troubleshooting. Apparently I am missed and I need to be back sitting at my desk doing purchasing here and there and waiting for my boss, the president to speak to me. :) Hey, if they want me back at my desk doing the same old...fine, I am happy to blog and surf a few hours out of the day because noone has any other work for me to do. Whatever.

Whatever? You mean I am not going to rant about this?

Nope. For some reason, the past two weeks have been completely different for me. I don't know if a lightbulb has gone on inside me, but my demeanor has changed drastically. I guess you could say I have a "Do your worst!" attitude. Instead of getting all riled up about work and stressing myself out, I have realized that I am not STUCK here, There IS more to life than this and I WILL find it. I seem to just know this deep down and I have a sense of peace about it. Reminds me of that weird song from the 90's by called Loser, it says: "Im a driver, Im a winner; things are gonna change I can feel it"

There is light at the end of this tunnel, and I am on a steady course to see what lies ahead!

IN OTHER NEWS:

OOH! I FINALLY started reading ATLAS SHRUGGED. I am only about 30 pages into it, but it has hooked me already. I am VERY excited about this book and I am hoping that I like it as much as I think I will. It will take me a while, but I am game!

This weekend I am FINALLY making it to my parents house for a visit. The nasty winter weather has kept me from there the past few times so I am excited to go home for real. Friday I am attending my neice's high school play. They are doing "Beauty and The Beast" one musical I like the least, (hey, poet! but I know it!) but Erin is in it and I would go see her regardless 'cause she's my partnet in crime! The rest of the weekend will entail cross country skiing, some pool playing and teaching the folks to play dominos 'cause I am addicted!!!

Ug. The end of the day is moments away. I am heading to the library to work until 8:30 tonight and then home to do laundry and pack for the weekend. I get out early tomorrow to get a head start and do a few errands before the play so I am psyched! Hopefully I will get a chance to blog tomorrow and do something silly...I did promise Chantal some "CC Originals" when it comes to picture editing, so stay tuned!:) I haven't been wacky in awhile!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad there is light at the end of the tunnel! Have fun playing dominoes, we are glad you are hooked, its a great game.
Hope to see some squirrel pictures soon.

7:52 PM, March 01, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a note: if you like "atlas Shrugged" you'll like " The
fountainhead". Funny,I never thought of you as an objectivist-but you ain't. And I'd like to know how the backhome "madame de la grand
bouche" does as compared to my daughter's version/interpretation this weekend-opening night was last night. Anyview, glad to hear you JoJo Knowles had afine time. As always,
grasshopper,let tranquility descend.

3:52 PM, March 02, 2007  
Blogger Amy said...

Hmmm...I'm confused b/c I swore I checked your blog yesterday, but there were no new posts. Eh, whatever...just glad to see you back. I posted on my Still Just A Me blog this wk--love it if you'd read it. Later

12:29 PM, March 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home