Friday, February 09, 2007

Home Sweet Home

This weekend I am traveling home to see my parents. I am very excited to go home and see them since I haven't since New Year's. My car is all packed and weather permitting, I will be jetting out of work early to make the drive home. My sister Anne is coming on Saturday and I hope to see my Godson and my sister Lamby as well! I brought along my skiis for some good cross country workouts and I can't wait! I think a night ski is in order tonight. :)

I have always been grateful for the family and supportive and loving upbringing I have had. That solid family foundation has made the good times great and any difficulties that arose so much easier to overcome. I am so happy with the great relationships I have with my parents and 6 siblings. That has also trickled down to my 9 neices and nephews. My favorite holiday has now become 4th of July mainly for the reason that it is the one time of year that everyone gets together. It's so exciting to have my ENTIRE family together playing games, swimming, eating, joking around and escaping bodily harm when the fireworks are brought out! There is definately no place else I would rather be and the time seems to go too fast. My hope is that it continues to be a yearly tradition in our family!

It seems that with large families it can go either way, and in our case we all get along pretty well. Sure, we have some personalities that tend to clash regularly, but it's not that bad compared to other families I know. The company I work for is a good example. It is a family owned company. The father left it to the children and 3 of the 4 boys and 2 of the 3 girls work here. Their family doesn't seem to mesh as well as mine. There are estrangments and they don't interact as if there is a family connenction between them on some level. I find that weird tho I know a business environment is different. However, I can imagine my family running my Dad's business on a similar scale and the interaction would be completely different. We may have our differences but when we are all together we seem to work well as a team.

I can picture it now:

Lamby would be the President.
Anne would be the Vice President.
Mike would be the Facitlities/Logistics Manager.
Mark would be the Sales Director.
Kathy would be PR/Marketing.
Jim would be R&D and Sales Team Manager.
CC (that's me:) would be HR Director so I could hire Master Po (Facilities/Logistics Coordinator), JoJo (HR Associate), Chris D (Sales), Big Geek (R&D/Design), Mary G. (Accounting), Jerry (HR Assistant), and Chantal (Marketing Assistant).


From left to right: Mike, CC, Mark, Lamby, a family friend, Kathy, Jim and Anne.

Gee, now that I worked that all out, I feel like we should have done that! That would ROCK! A fun environment filled with talented people who get their work done and make tons of money from their efforts!!! Oh, and our company would host Guitar Hero parties on Friday nights on the big screen Plasma in the conference room too! Who could ask for a better work environment? :)

Daydreaming aside, I know I couldn't ask for a better family!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

Thanks for the compliment, C.C. - but company President?? You are scaring me!
...that is my "Win the Lotto" dream, though...to start a company with people who are nice and hardworking...and our real job would be to have fun all day!!

1:13 PM, February 09, 2007  
Blogger C.C. said...

Lamby, you would be the perfect President. You would represent the company extremely well, you would be fair and accessable to your staff while being able to be firm and "boss-like" and you would appreciate your employees.

:)You also seem like the type of president who would provide the munchies to go along with our Guitar Hero Nights!!

I think I pegged everyone really well don't you?

Oh boy! I wish you would hurry up and win that lottery!!!

1:52 PM, February 09, 2007  
Blogger Sparkles said...

thanks for thinking of me!!! lol
just wanted to tell you that i fixed my justin post. hope you enjoy. you are probably on your way home already, but have a great weekend anyways. hope the snow cooperates!!!

5:18 PM, February 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home