Monday, February 05, 2007

Weekend of Cool Stuff

For someone who was feeling a bit under the weather most of the week last week, my weekend was really good.

Saturday I went to Verizon to upgrade and got myself a silver Razr...FREE. It rocks and is not overboard with all the bells and whistles. Just enough to be technologically updated, but not top of the line either. I have some ideas for my old phone which still looks practically new b/c I take such good care of my phone. Unless the Razr is completely outdated in the next two years (which I doubt), that will be my phone and I will not upgrade again. Sweet right?

After my phone I stopped at the local drug store and bought myself Hair color to get rid of those pesky greys. My hair no longer has that nice sunkissed faded brassy look to it and now is a nice medium to dark brown with slight hints of reddish. My (former) hairdreser told me she could not darken my hair (for whatever reason) and I decided not to go to her anymore. Based on that and the fact that she always charged me a different amount even tho I was getting the same thing done every 6 weeks and her attitude was one of self-centered obnoxiousness, even tho she did give a great cut. So I decided to save $50 and color my hair myself. Maybe Lamby will trim it for me this weekend when I come home to visit? Possibly?

On Sunday I didn't actually watch much of the Super Bowl. I watched Puppy Bowl III and Kitty Halftime for a while on Animal Planet which was a RIOT. Then I tuned in to watch the Super Bowl halftime show b/c Prince was on. He rocked. I love him. People have always busted my chops when they realize I own 4 of his albums. I am sorry, the man may be strange (but what music celeb isn't), he may wear heels (come on give him a break he's only like 5 ft tall!) but he's very talented and I love his music. His performance last night makes me want to see him in concert now more than ever!














You know, it's hard enough getting up on a Monday morning as it is...but especially when your alarm interrupts a great dream. I was walking around this large lawn surrounded by woods picking up dibris and cleaning up with Sting and we were discussing his career and music. We continued walking thru this lawn area and I said to him at one point "You know, when you are gone, I will be sad because that means you won't be creating anymore music. I always look forward to your next album because your music means so much to me." He turned and smiled at me and just as he looked like he was going to say something back to me MY ALARM WENT OFF!!!!


Arg.

4 Comments:

Blogger Artistic Soul said...

Prince was pretty good - better half time show than I've seen in a few years. I'm glad I'm not the only one who has weird dreams about celebrities! :P

3:41 PM, February 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prince was good, much better than Paul McCartney last year (boring). However, I thought his Aunt Jemima kerchief was a little over the top.

We got so much snow and wind here on SuperBowl Sunday. We couldn't even go out and ski! The nice thing was, I had Monday off, and at 8pm on Sunday, the kids schools announced they were closed the next day because the roads were so bad with drifts.

7:19 PM, February 05, 2007  
Blogger Sparkles said...

hey guess what- i won $100 on my brother-in-law's superbowl board. that was my superbowl excitement :) can't wait to see ur hair on wed. ttyl

also, hope you don't mind, but i am sending bethany a link to both of our blogs.

10:28 PM, February 05, 2007  
Blogger C.C. said...

Yeah Wicca! I am glad you dream about celebrities too! Kindred spirits!

Henlib: I believe the kerchief was to shield his ehad from the rain...and then near the end he just took it off like "Frig this y'all! I am having WAY too much fun to be worryin' about my doo!":)

You guys got hammered up there I hear! The snow is fun but not when the windchill is -20 degrees!BRRR!

Sparkles! No problem with sending my link. She will just think I am crazier than ever now! Hah!

3:08 PM, February 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home