Monday, February 19, 2007

Snowed In!!!

Many of you know that we got a bit hammered with snow around these parts last week. my area got a little over 2 1/2 feet when it was all said and done. Blowing and drifting snow made for bad travel conditions and frequent white outs. Other areas saw over 3 feet. I really felt bad for the areas who had already gotten 9 - 11 feet of snow with the storm the previous week! EEK!

Anywho, I was home Wednesday- Friday because of weather and therefore never posted!

There are 7 people in my department. Not only was I out for three days last week but K's wife had a baby so he was out last week, V has pneumonia ( I hear she also has asthma so I am hoping she is getting better!), Miss Part Time has children in school so with snow days she stayed home with them (and they have winter break this week so she is out for the duration) then Friday, M stayed out because of driving conditions! Friday only 2 of 7 emploees were in for the day!!! When I got in this am, not only did I have some catching up to do, but I am filling in for Miss Part Time as well as for V who is out and probably will be for a few weeks. Noone has mentioned overtime to me so I will do what I can in my alloted time here. I hate saying that but in my experience here if you step it up and get everyone else's work done including your own, they assume you will always do it and it's funny how it never figures into your raise at the end of the year. So I guess I will just take it down a notch, which is still more than most people get done here in a day, b/c I refuse to bust my ass for more of the same.

OK. I began ranting about work in this paragraph and deleted it. That last paragrah is plenty for today. I could go on and on but I am putting a cork in it, and focusing on the positives. This is just a job, a means to an end and I am not here forever. Keeping that in mind helps me to not feel so helpless and trapped.

1/2 the day is over already and in a little over 4 hours I can go home!!!

Oh and this cheers me up A LOT! Does everybody know what tomorrow is??????

Let me give you a little hint:

NOLA.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Sparkles said...

guess what else is tomorrow? the prestige comes out on dvd!!!

9:57 PM, February 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home