Wednesday, December 06, 2006

How do I get into the Christmas Spirit?

Look! It's my Christmas Card from Sting! I get one every year for beinga member of the fan club. Hey, one of these days I will get awesome seats to a concert b/c of that fan club! For now, I look forward to this year's card from my favorite artist!

I thought today I would list the Top 10 Things I do to get myself into the Holiday Spirit. (not in any particualr order tho)

  1. Watch one of my favorite movies with Christmas Themes/Scenery: "Santa Claus is Coming to Town", "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" (the original! Accept no substitutes!), "Serendipty", "Batman Returns", The Nutcracker" and "March of the Wooden Soldiers" to name a few. Oh and my new favorite "Elf" !!!
  2. Bake cookies with my Mom, sisters and neices at our Anual "Cookie Bake-A-Thon".
  3. Decorate the Christmas tree while listening to festive music.
  4. Listen to music from "The Nutcracker", and "John Denver and the Muppets Christmas Album" among other Christmas music. (Like Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey, Right Red!?)
  5. Take a walk while it is snowing, especially at night.
  6. Go ice skating...if an outdoor rink can be found!
  7. Make my Christmas List of things I want to purchase for my family.
  8. Take a ride to check out decorations in the neighborhoods.
  9. Sit in the dark, just listening to Christmas Music and staring at the tree all lit up. (the tree is lit up, not me, unless I am sipping Manhattans whilst I am staring!)
  10. Wrapping all the cool presents I have bought for my family and friends.

I guess holiday music puts me in the spirit most of all since many of those activities include a Christmas soundtrack! What do you do to get into the holiday spirit?

This list reminds me that a new year is around the corner and I need to revisit my 2006 List and make a new 2007 list soon!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HEART Dominic the Donkey
=)

You missed it - last night on ABC was Santa Claus is Comin' to Town...with BURGER MISTER MISTER BURGER!!! (say it w/me with the german/austrian accent!!)

CB & the gang were on last week...

Now all I need is a little..
I'm Mister Heat Blister
I'm Mister Hundred and One

1:35 PM, December 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS- here's a pic...I tried to copy/paste it into the comment section...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_Miser

what's your favorite christmas song (or what's your top 5) and who sings it? (them)

1:39 PM, December 06, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

Red! You are a riot! I shall have to post that pic tomorrow for ya! and we'll do the 5 fav Christmas songs!
Yeah?

1:41 PM, December 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just did a holiday meme much like this. You should play along and do it. Love your list btw. And LOVE LOVE LOVE the Muppets & John Denver. We have the original vinyl & then I bought the cd. I'm PISSED it doesn't have Lil St Nick w/ Animal screaming "RUN RUN REINDEER!" Buggers.

7:02 PM, December 06, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We watched the Bergermeister last night too. I love that movie, it reminds me of being so excited that Christmas was almost here. Thomas keeps saying "toys are illegal,immoral, and anyone found with a toy will be under arrest". That grouchy bergermeister!
My favorite Christmas song is "Birthday of a King", second favorite is "O Holy Night".
I love "Year without a Santa Claus" with the ice guy and heat guy. I love the song that Santa sings about being too old to believe in Santa, it always makes me cry.

8:15 PM, December 06, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

Ha! Henlib! So glad you mentioned Heat miser! That leads wonderfully into my next post!!!

Amy, I will definately be over to check out your blog! I have the John Denver/Muppets CD and it has the full album on it. That's weird! I wonder if they have two different versions??? That Stinks!!!

10:12 AM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

I actually bought the DVD of "Year Without a Santa Claus" last year...it's my favorite! Besides the Heat and Cold Misers, My favorite part is when the elf says "where are we? Where are we heading?' cracks me up every time!

1:41 PM, December 07, 2006  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

Also, You gotta love the entire Chicago Christmas album "What's It Gonna Be, Santa?"..it was re-released last year with several new cuts on it...the "little" Lamb loves to sing their version of "Rudolph..."...remember C.C. "It's a little dark out here..."

1:44 PM, December 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home