Friday, April 29, 2011

Twilight Zone Episode 5: Seriously? This is my Life?

My life is a roller coaster. Perhaps I am bi-polar, perhaps fate is screwing with me or maybe I am not pushing myself hard enough and have become complacent and lazy. Here is the down and dirty on my life's big and little annoyances, just in case you were wondering about my absence here...

The Interview: So the interview went great. I even got offered the job. I really wanted it. it was PERFECT for me. What sucked is that I had to turn it down based on two aspects.

#1: the job is only 30 hours a week. The position was PR and Marketing Coordinator including all PR and media relations, all marketing including total website design re-haul, and all event planning including half of the development/fundraising duties. Did I mention that this place had lost their accreditation? Add that to the PR duties and you have a 60 hour per week job my friends. Oh, and also obviously you would have to attend all events on evenings and weekends.

#2: The hourly pay for said 30 hour a week overload job? $11 per hour. Um, yea, that is not a typo, I said $11 per hour. The website re-haul and design alone would garner 3 times that hourly amount for even a beginner like me!

With the events on weeknights and weekends throughout the year, I would have to have a VERY flexible part time job who would pay me incredibly well so that I could move there, rent and apartment and pay my expenses.


A New Computer: Then, I finally purchased a new PC laptop. I did my research, went with the Acer brand that has served me so well up to this point because investing in the MAC I want is not a financially sound option right now. It was delivered in 3 days, and three weeks later I was sending it back. It kept freezing on me in startup to the point where the only fix was to unplug and pull out the battery. Not cool. In hopes it was just a lemon, I exchanged for another new of the same and it will be arriving today. I REALLY hope I don't have to do this again...or I might just return for a refund, screw all and get the mac. Grrrrrr.


Match is a Joke: I ended my subscription so they don't charge me for another 6 months automatically. It ends May 15th. I was talking with a few guys, and it was getting annoying. One wanted a pen pal and the other wanted to talk right away. Neither had any initiative.

When I hinted at Pen Pal Boy that too many emails can zap conversation to nothing once you meet in person, he wrote back that he was hoping I would ask him out...Um, I didn't. Let's be realistic, if a girl is emailing you back and forth, she is probably waiting for you to ask her out. She will say yes, because if she wasn't interested she wouldn't be emailing you 50 times! Now he keeps emailing me saying he hasn't heard from me in a while. That's probably because I am not impressed by his lack of knowledge of the written English language OR the fact that he left his balls in his Mom's purse.

The other guy, let's call him Kilt Boy, seemed like he was willing to move ahead and gave me his number after 2 emails. I called him around 7pm and got his voicemail so I left him a message that I would not have cell service after 8pm and that he could give me a call back another night this week if he wanted. When I went to bed at 10:30 that night I noticed a missed call and voicemail from Kilt Boy from 9:30pm. So either he didn't listen to my message OR he called when he knew I wouldn't answer so I would have to call him again like a lame game. I waited a few days, and emailed him to let him know I was still interested in chatting so he could give me a call whenever he was free. I got an email back saying he was around all weekend. He never called and I never called him. Was he looking to schedule a call? Was he looking for me to call him? I already did that. Man up!


LOST: I have misplaced the second season of Dollhouse. I have looked everywhere for it and cannot find it. Now, on a scale of important things to worry about, that may not seems very important. But in the scheme of things that have come to pass lately, it saddens me greatly. I continue my searches, though my confidence in all things is waning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

Is something in retrograde?

2:13 PM, May 05, 2011  
Blogger C.C. said...

Yea, my life is in retrograde!

haha.

CC

4:24 PM, May 05, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home