Saturday, May 02, 2009

Chip Coffey at the Landmark Theater!


Our local CNY Ghost Hunters group headed by Stacey Jones held a presentation and ghost hunt tonight as a fundraiser for the historic Landmark Theater here in Syracuse, NY. The presenters were John Zaffis a Demonologist and lead investigator on the famous "A Haunting in Conneticut" case, and my favorite medium Chip Coffey from "Paranormal State" was there to talk about his background and experiences as well. Everyone was very interesting and entertaining to listen to. Stacey showed us some of the EVP's and pictures they have gotten in local sites here in upstate NY as well as Gettysburg which were neat. This group had wicked senses of humor and their close friendships with each other through their work was evident and made the evening very enjoyable.

After the presentations they signed autographs and took pictures before the Ghost Hunt started. The line was fast moving and I got to meet Chip and got a picture with him. He was exactly as you see him on tv and that was pretty cool. He seems like a very genuine person and we learned that is a big supporter of adopting pets from rescues and shelters since he showed us pictures of his 4 dogs. Any fan of dogs/animals is a good guy!

Pinky and I went for the presentation portion. I had been for a presentatoin and Ghost Hunt a few yearsa ago but the hunt was so unorganized, I didn't do it this year. I think I might be regreting that decision because they seemed to really have a handle on it this year, and were serious about making it a great experience and weeding out the people who ruined it for everyone last time.

I thought that it was a great fundraiser for the theater which recieved a partial grant and must raise the rest. Pinky had never seen the theater and I had only been once so it was great to explore this beautiful piece of history. Apparently in it's heyday, there were 18 theaters along this main drag, the Landmark Theater is the only one left. For those of you who are local, it is comparable in size and era of the Stanley Theater in Utica, NY. I took a few pictures while I was there, and although it is difficult with a small digital, I think these came out pretty good. look closely and see if I caught any ghosts! :) Click to enlarge the phtos. The motiff is an interesting mix of Moorish, Hindu, Budhist and Asian. Hope you enjoy.








3 Comments:

Blogger Sparkles said...

I love the Landmark, but my visits have been few and far between. So everytime I do get to go back there for an event, I love looking at everything! I love the atmosphere there and the legends behind it!

I'm glad that you got to meet "Uncle" Chip! :)

11:46 AM, May 04, 2009  
Anonymous Jessica G. said...

It's really cool that the Landmark hosted a ghost hunting event. I wish I knew about it, but I don't remember hearing or reading about it. I have been an avid watcher of Sci-Fi's "Ghost Hunters" for the past five years and believe that ghosts/spirits sometimes exist, but in a different sort of wavelength or dimension. Anyways, are you going to join a ghost-hunting society in Syracuse if there are any good ones around?

3:45 PM, May 04, 2009  
Blogger C.C. said...

The Landmark Theater is beautiful and they are really stepping up to restore and breathe some new life. Ha, "Uncle Chip" was awesome. Very down to earth and cool.

Jessica, I know that they are probably going to do another one since this one was so successful (I had hear they raised $10,000!) so you will have to come with me and we can stay for the Ghost Hunt:) You will have to bring Nathan with you because he would have a blast!:)

As for joining a Ghost Hunter club, I wish I had done it a few years ago, b/c it's so popular now with all the TV shows that too many people are involved. Ghost hunting is not a large group thing. I would never start my own because of my lack of experience and knowledge of techniques, but I think we could film a great spoof about it in Henderson! :)

2:54 PM, May 05, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home