Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Lists

Big Geek (Beth)and I were talking the other day about how I should have a list. You know, a list of things to accomplish this year. I have had lists like that in the past, but they were more of the "Places I Want to go/see Before I Die" type of list. She thought a "Things I want to do/accomplish this year" list would be good for me to keep an eye on the prize. A bunch of short term goals that will keep me satisfied and not feeling stagnant while I am on that journey to that Long term goal: a career that I can love or at least like enough to get up every morning.

I thought about it, and I think she's on to something there! Something for me to get excited about, something to keep me from the funk of self pity and loathing I have been sinking into the past few days. The stipulation being that I don't have to cross everything off the list, but setting doable goals crossing most of them off would be most beneficial. I may throw a couple of definate things on there just for that instant gratification that I will accomplish some of the things listed.

Here is the question. How to get started? I was thinking about starting a whole new blog. I will keep Lifeorsoemthinglikeit going of course, but thought if I had a blog ONLY for my list and updates on it, that might be very easy and workable for me. Something I can pull up everyday or so and add or cross off things on the list.

What do you think? A new seperate blog for the list? What will I name it? Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Let me know what you think.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

woo hoo! You are taking my advice! I think you can have your goals right in this here blog and just have it under a different catagory. You will be much happier grasshopper......

big geek

I am one to talk. Why don't I have my own fiber business right now huh??????? sigh.....

1:39 PM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

I like BigGeek's idea...just make a separate part of the blog. That way you can just update us on the goals (& make us look at the list w/ your link) when you reach one. I should do that...but I don't even know what goals I would have...

1:41 PM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

I think I may just take big geek's advice too...pehaps it will help me as well!

2:25 PM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

Yeah, OK. I can put it as a header on my sidebar. That'll work!

2:29 PM, March 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i heart lists.

i think that goes along w/my ocd. lol!

do it here...one more site for me to add to my other lists my be too much! LOL LOL LOL

3:59 PM, March 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's fun to re-arrange the letters on your keyboard.

I'm sorry, that doesn't seem to have anything to do with the topic being discussed.

11:03 PM, March 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes after you have re-arranged the letters on your keyboard, it's fun to kick YOUR ASS!!

9:10 AM, March 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home