Wednesday, March 01, 2006

A Bit O' Nostalgia

Grabbed this fairly lengthy Meme from Wiccachicky. Took a little trip down memory lane. Hope you enjoy some highlights of my High School Career!

1) Where did you graduate from and what year?DCS, home of the Blue Devils, Dolgeville, NY, 1993

2) Did you have school pride? Football was a religion at my school. We had pep rallys and went to the games, it was fun. I kicked ass in Volleyball (I can brag now b/c it was so long ago!). Starter as a setter on varsity soph year, All-Star all, all around player. I loved it. That was where I sparkled. Playing a sport always requires school spirit and pride.

3) Was your prom a night to remember? I went to three Proms. One Sophomore Year when I should have gone with someone else (a senior) but he was dating this ho-bag and I had already accepted the Junior's invitation. Junior Year I got sucked into going with a guy I hated at first but then I kinda liked him and then at the Prom I hated him again...he is the reason I stick with first impressions to this day! Senoir year I went with my friend Matt, we had a blast and I had the after Prom party overnight at my house with my group of friends and dates. Monty Python 'til the break of dawn!!!

4) Do you own all 4 Yearbooks? Yep. It's fun to look back every so often.

5) What was the worst trouble you ever got into? I was a good girl in high school. I guess the most trouble I got into with my peers was when I was hanging out with a guy who was dating that ho-bag (from the prom question) and one of my "friends" went and told the ho-bag we went to a party together while she was away for the weekend. She tried to run me over with her car a week later.

6) What kind of people did you hang out with? My group was in chorus, band, the plays, did sports and had the high averages. I had the lowest average but a B+ student anyway. I mixed with different crowds but "The Surf-Side" was my base group. From there I was friends with the jocks, the soccer players, the art students etc. I knew everyone and hung with everyone.

7) What was your number 1 choice of College in HS? College was a necessity but not a passion for me. I knew I had to go and get that 4 year degree but was not sure what I wanted ot do with it. I Applied to 4 colleges, got in to all, toured them and picked Plattsburgh State. Even tho I still don't know what I want to do, Plattsburgh was my best choice b/c I have such amazing close friends from there!

8) What radio station did you rock out too? 92.3 All the 80's and early 90's pop! Sometimes PIX 106, the classic rock station too!

9) Were you involved in any organizations or clubs? Not too many but a few like Yearbook staff, FHA.

10) What were your favorite classes in high school? Biology, German, Theater/Voice, English

12) Would you say you’ve changed a lot since high school? I am not as much of a spazz and I am more mature BUT I still have that "Crazy Carol" energy that comes out when I am with my close friends.

13) What do you miss the most about it? I don't miss anything. I remember fondly my High School experience. I have lots of great memories like playing a stepsister in our school play Cinderella senior year, volleyball, and friends, but I have lots of memories from college and Life after higher ed is great too!

14) Your worst memory of HS? Maybe the worst was also the best or most dramatic: the senior (with the ho-bag girlfriend) vs. the Junior fighting over me Sophomore year saga. That is a fun but terrible story that is too long to post here. Or maybe when AZ showed up at play practice on a break from being at college my junior year and brought another girl with him and everyone thought she was me b/c we looked a lot alike. That was nice.

15) Did you have a car? No, but I could use on of my parent's vehicles whenever I needed.

16) What were your school colors? Blue and White

17) Who were your fav. teachers? Mr. Biviano (biology), Mrs. Stewart (german), Mrs. Reynolds (english) , Mr. Reynolds (theater/voice)

18) Did you own a cell phone in high school? There was no such thing, actually there was but they were those big ginormous ones like Zach Morris had on Saved By the Bell and only those rich people in California could afford those!

19) Did you leave campus for lunch? Senior year we did. Jess, Nate and Shawn and I were the small crew who had the odd lunch period that year. We had so much fun. Oh and Mika and Matt and that other crazy kid sat behind us so we would be crazy at lunch. That is where I got the name Bam-Bam-Rotini. I guess it came form the Italian last name, but I never found out the real reason.

20) If so, where was your fav. place to go eat? Nate's house b/c we would watch Monty Python! (sensing a theme for my senior year here? Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!)

21) Were you always late to class? Nope, unless it was from band or chorus b/c it was on the opposite endof the school.

22) Did you ever have to stay for Saturday School? That's what we called detention and I never had that. :) goodie goodie? Who me? No I just remember the time I probably would have gotten detention I cried and they let me off!

23) Did you ever ditch? My Mom was the school nurse and attendance monitor so NO!!!! I could hardly fake sick!!! Not fair!!!

24) What kind of job did you have? I didn't work during the school year, I worked summers at The Enchanted Forest Water Safari, a water fun/amusement park.

25) Do you wish you were still in high school? Um...what a strange question...No! High school was great fun, great memories and I have no regrets so why would I want to go back?

3 Comments:

Blogger tabbi said...

Your blog takes me back, I too graduated in 1993 but from St. Johnsville.

12:47 PM, March 01, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

Yay!!! Tabbi is posting comments!!! Yippeee!!!!

1:20 PM, March 01, 2006  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

Oh, Crap! I could not have answered those questions. I can hardly even REMEMBER high school. But I think we have learned a little more about you, c.c.

1:35 PM, March 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home