Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Still Alive Baby!



After yesterday, I felt this pic was appropriate. I felt like I beat myself up and got pushed around a bit, but today I got up, got back on that horse and I am trying to put things in perspective.

The hardest part of any plan is the waiting. You set a goal, you get to work, but sometimes it feels like forever to get there (especially if you hit a detour or stumble a bit). We all know, we've all been there in some form or another so I have decided not to spend a lot of time on it.

In hopes of a positive outlook/perspective today I have decided to just leave you with these thoughts:

"Nothing happens until I make it happen."

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way."
Christopher Morley

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?"
Robert Schuller

"Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong." Ella Fitzgerald

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."
Albert Schweitzer

"People who are unable to motivate themselves must be content with mediocrity, no matter how impressive their other talents." Andrew Carnegie

"They are able because they think they are able." Virgil

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

"Go for it now. The future is promised to no one." Wayne Dyer

"Your life will be no better than the plans you make and the action you take. You are the architect and builder of your own life, fortune, destiny." Alfred A. Montapert


8 Comments:

Blogger tabbi said...

That which does not kill you makes you stronger.

2:28 PM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

Quod mi nutrient or whatever the latin thing she has tattooed on her stomach...I've always liked that phrase of Jolie's. I'm glad you're more up today. And, if drastic is what needs to happen, then good luck. :o)
"nwbbipry"

4:06 PM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

I looked it up Amy! Angelina has the latin phrase "Quod me nutrit me destruit" ("What nourishes me also destroys me") tattooed across her stomach. Weird.

But I do like the tattoo of the Tennessee Williams quote, "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages." on her left forearm.

I found this (partial)quote of Angelina's that really resonates with my post:

"... Have a good life. Be a good friend. And try to be completely who you are. And figure out what you personally love. And like, go after it with everything you've got no matter how much it takes."

4:41 PM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

You can do it!! It's going to be okay. It DOES totally suck when you are dumped with more work than you should be, but try to find the good learning experiences in it.

4:47 PM, March 07, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a quote from Mark C (or an excuse for all the times he got in trouble) "out of the hottest fire comes the strongest steel". Thomas lives by it!

7:52 PM, March 07, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

No disrespect to Wiccachicky, I appreciate the good words, but the crux of my problem is that I have reached the end of my learning experiences here. There is nowhere to grow and nowhere to go. It seems as tho the same experiences keep popping up which I have dealt with time and time again. New Challenges would be nice. I always try to learn something from everything or gain some knowledge. This well is dry.

8:45 AM, March 08, 2006  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.
- Anatole France

1:17 PM, March 10, 2006  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

Smile: if you can't lift the corners, let the middle sag.
- unknown

1:29 PM, March 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home