Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy

Here I sit with my coffee, waiting for a little one to wake up and all I can think about is how happy I am. This trip and experience has done me a WORLD of good. I definitely have learned more about myself. I think after I lost my job I felt pretty miserable and lost. Getting out of the ungrateful vortex is a blessing and this trip is well deserved. (Lamby understands the ungrateful vortex and my breakdown prior to leaving, and what that entailed.):)

I am so happy that I am here. Happy I went to Santa Cruz. Happy that I am seeing the Tut exhibit in San Fran this weekend. Happy that I am getting to spend time with my brother and his family.

Perhaps I am also happy because I feel like there are actually tangible options out there. I have gotten the opportunity to get out and see someplace different in person instead of trying to search on my laptop from a secluded upstate NY village.

Moving out here has been discussed. Mark would really love having some of his family out this way. I would love to for many reasons. The part that stinks is that it is so expensive out here to live so I would have to get a really good (perm) job to live. In other words I would need to make double what I was making in NY in order to afford a decent apartment.

That said, if I was going to live out here, personally, I have to admit, it would be in or around Santa Cruz. Aside from my childhood obsession, the town is cool. Very eclectic artsy, and also expensive, but worth it with redwoods and the beach surrounding you. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL. I think I fell in love last weekend...

Anywho, I am happy except for the rain! Good God! Pulease stop pouring!!! :)

Oh, and I forgot to reference this post yesterday: My Top 5 Movie Pilgrimages I have officially been to 2 of the 5! Now THAT is exciting!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy for you Carol! I would HATE to have you live so far away, but if I were you I would want to live in California too. Glad to hear you are enjoying your visit, I knew you would!!

7:42 PM, January 26, 2010  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

Yea! This is so good to hear!! I always find my heart in San Fran, so I'm not surprised. :o)

11:05 AM, January 27, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home