Sunday, January 24, 2010

Movie Mecca Visit: Santa Cruz Boardwalk


It's funny how things work. I had a day off yesterday to go do something and I pondered a few things. One of them was visiting a place I had dreamed of going for many years: The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. This was the filming location for The Lost Boys.

As I thought about places to visit and checked out directions, I took a break to eat some breakfast and flipped channels. Fate was in my face...The Lost Boys was on tv yesterday morning...so my decision was made. I was going on an adventure, but I had to be home before dark:)

It's off season, but the park was open with limited rides. They were doing some construction near the Giant Dipper, but the 1911 Carousel was running and the restoration was beautiful. The park sits right on the beach. It is a colorful place and while I walked around I listened to both the score and soundtrack to the movie, spotting many places along the way that were reconizable.


Check out some pics and read about the park here

My plan is to go back at peak season and spend a weekend there, riding the rides 'til late at night and watching a concert on the beach. Who wants to come????


Some more of my pics (the best ones) that I took on my cell are HERE

3 Comments:

Blogger Sparkles said...

Wow.. I still can't believe you were there!! Awesome pics! You took them all with your phone? They came out amazing!

9:23 AM, January 26, 2010  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

Check that off your "list of places I want to see!"

10:33 AM, January 26, 2010  
Blogger C.C. said...

Chantal, I can't believe I was there either! I remember talking to you about that and how I really wanted to go so bad! It was like I stepped into the Lost Boys, so much was recognizable, it was AWESOME!!! :)

2:08 PM, January 26, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home