Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Dreams

I am a vivid dreamer. I have always had epic length dreams that are filled with movie-like plot lines that I can describe in great detail. Last night, I had one of the most interesting dreams I have ever had. Have you ever had a dream that was both in color AND black and white? Let me explain.

My dream was in color as usual. The weird part was that Cary Grant was there, but he was in black and white. It was as if he stepped out of one of his movies, such as "Arsnic and Old Lace" perhaps. It was bizarre, yet not unsettling. He didn't speak, with exception to a puzzled "Hmmmm..." because I had pricked both of my pinky fingers with a needle by accident. He was holding my hands and examining my fingers but what is weird is I was still in color and he was still in black and white. The other people that were there were shocked at his presence and made mention of two obvious observations: "What's he doing here?/Isn't he dead?"

I guess I should consult my dream book.

Have you ever had a dream like this? What is one of the craziest dreams you have ever had?

6 Comments:

Anonymous henlib said...

I have crazy dreams too, but one of the craziest was being on a boat in the Great South Bay, a tsunami was hitting Fire Island, and an old lady in a pontoon boat threw a cat into the Bay. The old lady winked at me when she did it! My dreams are more interesting than the movies, so are yours. I think you need to buy a dream analysis book.

7:57 PM, January 05, 2010  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

Well, besides the whole having coffee with Keanu thing, I often dream about my teeth falling out. I'm looking in the mirror, and notice one of my teeth is loose. Wiggle it with my tongue and it falls out - then my other teeth start to get loose and fall out too, then I'm sitting there with no teeth! I used to think I was crazy, but apparently it's a common dream for perfectionists who feel out of control.

2:42 PM, January 07, 2010  
Anonymous henlib said...

I have the tooth/teeth falling out dream a lot! I also have the dream that I am trying to make a phone call but the phone is missing a button for one of the numbers I need.

8:08 PM, January 07, 2010  
Blogger Sparkles said...

Most of my dreams are not very vivid and a lot of the time I can remember them, but there are a few that will always stick out in my mind! For instance... I had a dream that my mom flushed my brother down the toilet!

1:31 PM, January 10, 2010  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

I have vivid dreams as well... I often dream that I have the lead in a play...I don't know what the play is, and have never been to rehearsal - and it's opening night and people are pushing me out on stage!...I know, typical stress dream!

9:07 AM, January 14, 2010  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

I think you were dreaming about Cary Grant because you found out he had stayed at the Gideon...

9:08 AM, January 14, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home