Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My Highlight of the Winter Film Season



I have been waiting for this film for a long time and I cannot wait to see it. How can you deny the combination of Terry Gilliam directing, and actors of such calibur as Christopher Plummer, Johnny Depp and of course the late great Heath Ledger?

Sprinkle in other talented actors like Jude Law and Colin Farrell into an amazing story, beautiful costuming, and what's looking like some crazy sets and cinematography and you have the recipe for my newest cinematic obsession.

I am excited but also sad about seeing Imaginarium since it was Heath Ledger's last film.

So heavy is my heart when I think of him still. What a talent we have lost. A man who was just beginning to explore the depths of his art.

3 Comments:

Blogger Artistic Soul said...

I know! It still bums me out sometimes.

10:27 AM, November 24, 2009  
Blogger Sparkles said...

I watched bits and pieces of The Dark Knight the other night... It still gets to me too!

I want to see this movie but I will admit.. It looks a little confusing! We will have to see it together and you might have to explain a lot to me! LOL

11:45 AM, November 26, 2009  
Anonymous Theresa said...

I know that it is very hard, but you are going to love the film . I have seen it twice now and it's amazing. Heath is just in his element, so happy, improving like crazy and his performance is just purely joyful. I know that it is sad and hurtful, but please I hope that you are able to see the absolute joyful time he was so obviously having making this film. The movie itself is one huge labor of love to Heath and it shows. It truly is just wonderful.

I hope you enjoy it and that you are able to ease your trepedation and sadness by seeing how very happy, funny and completely on his game he is in this film. The whole cast is wonderful. The love just pours from the film.

Best to you,

Theresa
Admin of The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus Support site

1:54 AM, November 28, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home