Monday, November 09, 2009

What day is it? And what am I doing here?


OK, so now I understand why those who are not working have no concept of time. I was on the phone with a friend this morning and asked her if she was working today..."It's Saturday right?" to which she responded "CC, it's Monday. Go get a job!" Perhaps the hours sitting in front of the computer job searching each day has fried my brain and I am as good as a zombie at this point.


In other Non-news,

I just have to comment on the things people use FB for. You all know I am not a fan, even tho I am going the way of Aerosmith and am back in the saddle again. It's amazing to me that people use FB as a means of communicating things that should be a)private or b)spoken about in person or on the phone. If we think manners are out the window now, wait for it. It's gonna get even worse.


I am brainstorming for a few other projects for my YouTube station. Stop Motion is not necessarily out of the picture, but another form of expression would suit me now that I have sufficiently covered my beginnings of SM. Any suggestions?


Sting thinks President Obama is a gift from God to fix our troubled world. Free speech is great, and I will just continue to enjoy his music and not listen to his politics as I have always done.


Backing up for more on still being unemployed: It's not that I have been searching for the past 5 months. I have been searching for years to find my niche. Yes, this current search has been a battle, and a more urgent one that past searches. I have had a few rough spots where I thought that my life was over and perhaps my destiny is to wait tables at the local bar in my hometown. I can honestly sit here and tell you that I don't believe I am out yet.

On November 5th I turned 34, a number that really means nothing to me, and actually made me feel like I still have time to figure this life out. Sure it is getting harder the longer I am without a job, and believe me I am looking, but I have to continue. I know there is something out there that I can do and do well and enjoy.

Maybe I am not where I was last year, traveling around London, England and Pembroke, Wales, but I am also not where I was last year working as a Marketing Manager in a company that I had no passion for or interest in and disliked for their management style (among other things).

I am so thankful for this time, the support of my family and friends and that I have been able to explore my own creativity.

I am looking forward to my next birthday, when I will again be able to afford to travel and experience more places I will never forget.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home