Wednesday, July 09, 2008

WANTED


James McAvoy is awesome. He's also Scottish. He totally got his ass kicked and kicked some ass in return in this movie. I loved it and him. It's a shame that Jolie got all the press for her supporting role. He deserved a bigger slice of that pie in my opinion. I think we will be seeing a lot more of him in the future, at least I hope so!

A sidenote on McAvoy: IMDB reports that he will be playing Bilbo Baggins in the new Hobbit Movie! VERY COOL. I also want to go on record as nominating James to replace Toby McGuire (if he won't do it) as Spiderman in the 4th movie. Just sayin'...

Anywho, I will preface this glowing review with the fact that it is extremely violent and graphic. What makes it work is the humor that is interjected by the characters. I litterally laughed out loud so many times I lost count!

An interesting story told at a fast pace, Wanted delivered. This fun, far-fetched story about a Fraternity of Assassins charged with carrying out the orders of Fate was great entertainment. Morgan Freeman, Angelina Jolie and a bunch unknowns like the "Repairman" and the "Gunsmith" were excellent. The special effects and stunts were AMAZING. Timing, script and cinematography were well molded to this action packed movie.

It is Rated R because of violence, language and sexuality, so the kiddies, the mentally ill and those who are easily influenced to recreate movie scenes in reality should be left at home. If you can handle the graphic violence in this movie, get thee to a theater and see this on the big screen.

Portions of the story will hit home with everyone, namely the age old questions we all ask ourselves: "Who am I?" "What am I here for?/What is my purpose?" Most importantly, I saw this movie as a CALL TO ACTION, a flamingo moment ala "Wonderfalls" if you will, screaming at the audience to "GET OFF YOUR ASS!". Especially the last line of the movie: (sorry about the possible spoliers here):


"This *is* me taking control, from Sloan, from the Fraternity, from Janis, billing reports, ergonomic keyboards, from cheating girlfriends and sack of shit best friends. This is me taking back control of my life. What the fuck have you done lately?"

3 Comments:

Blogger Sparkles said...

omg you are awesome at telling movie reviews!!! i always knew this but this just made me remember that :)

i'm glad we went to see it together... i feel the same way.. the movie was awesome.. the story was awesome.. angelina was awesome.. and uh JAMES WAS AWESOME!!

i'm sorry.. i'm going on and on too much... sorry... haha.. i apologize too much.. LOL :)

3:36 PM, July 09, 2008  
Blogger C.C. said...

HAH! I'm Sorry! Chantal you crack me up!!! Thanks for seeing it with me.

I forgot to give you the straw for Jerry!!!

3:59 PM, July 09, 2008  
Blogger Sparkles said...

i remembered that we forgot the straws too when i went to dunkin donuts to get a couple cooladas for jerry and myself :(

11:20 AM, July 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home