Friday, October 19, 2007

"Reaper", Tuesdays at 9pm, CW Network



Quick Synopsis from IMDB: "On his 21st birthday, Sam discovers his parents sold his soul to the devil before birth and he must now be a bounty hunter for the devil until he dies."

Have you ever seen "Shawn of the Dead"? Well, this sort of reminded me of a tv version of that in many ways. I highly recommend you see that movie if you haven't. Who said Horror and Comedy couldn't play nice?

It's supernatural, the Devil, regular Joe's saving the world typical CW/WB network stuff, but really funny. In one of the first episodes Sam opens up the "vessel", the thing that he must catch the evil spirit in to send it back to hell, it's different each week). the vessel happens to be: A dirt devil dust buster! Come On! That is funny in a corny, obvious way and I love it!

OK, bear with me here guys...I know it sounds rediculous. It is. Kevin Smith is involved, so that's par for the course. It's well written, and even tho it's similar to many shows out there in theme, it stands out. Check it out if you can.

Left to right: Every show needs a love interest, Sam our main character, The chubby and hysterically funny friend/co-worker (who steals the scenes constantly) and The Devil (leaning).

Review up Next: "Moonlight" It's a vampire show. (Shocking, I know)

Gosh, all the shows I watch are either supernatural, or about dead people...(these plus Smallville and CSI VEGAS) but they all have great senses of humor!!

Happy Friday!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Artistic Soul said...

I have been surprised by the somewhat strong ratings for Reaper (strong in that it's on the CW...), so I'll probably have to check it out at some point. I've been DVRing Pushing Daisies by haven't had a chance to catch up on it yet. I'm excited! Everyone is telling me it is fabulous.

4:01 AM, October 20, 2007  
Blogger Sparkles said...

hey did you hear about the new show with criss angel on abc- it's called phenomenon. i think it is a reality contest kind of show. we'll see about that :)

3:16 PM, October 21, 2007  
Blogger C.C. said...

Ahh, Criss Angel... I admit, I was obsessed with him for a while, but his various and disgusting choices of episodes just made me ill. While I freely agree he is gross, I also acknowledge there is still something hot about him, so I will indeed be tuning in to "Phenomenon" (or rather DVRing it) on Wednesday nights on NBC.

Depending on the show, I may or may not post about it...I may be to embarrassed to admit I watch it it in public.

;)

5:05 PM, October 22, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home