Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pushing Daisies, Wednesday Nights, 8pm, ABC



Finaly got to watch this show. Jen and Christine were right. I LOVED IT. And not just because the place of business for the main character is a pie shop called "The Pie Hole".

As I watched, the familiarity of some actors as well as the filming and color pallet/style was apparent. Ever heard of Wonderfalls? Yea, that show I was obsessed with a while back? Well, this is from the same mind. Bryan Fuller is the creator and was executive producer on many Wonderfalls eps. I love when style is so apparent that you can peg other projects. This show, like Wonderfalls, has a tinge of darkness ala Twin Peaks, but with a brighter color pallet to play with in sets and costumes.

The main character was in Wonderfalls, and there are lots of memorable faces in the cast: Swoosie Kurtz, Kristin Chenowith of Broadway fame and Anna Friel who played Gerry Butler's love interest, Lady Claire, in Timeline!

Witty dialog sprinkled into fast paced scenes with great wardrobes that are to die for (no pun intended) means I was instantly hooked even tho I came in on Episode 3. I highly recommend it, (especially you Tabbi!) and hope to post more about this show in the future.


Review Next Up: "REAPER"

and no, I am not obsessed with death...primetime tv is!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger C.C. said...

The PINK EYE is starting to come along...DR. says 3-4 days with drops and I should see improvement. Let's hope! It's Driving me NUTS!

Not much on tv this season, but there are a few diamonds in the rough...stay tuned for more reviews!

2:56 PM, October 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home