Friday, October 12, 2007

Dream Dictionary and Music Potions

I have this dream dictionary, and as corny as it sounds I do check it quite often. My dreams are very vivid and I tend to remember them in great detail. Since this is the dream book that predicted my medical situation which ended in surgery 5 years ago, I tend to take take notice of the meanings, especailly repetitive symbols. Lately, the dream dictionary keeps telling me I am going to get news from a distance. I have had three dreams this week, all different but with the same symbols in them that translate into contact/messages from a distance. I have a few friends I haven't heard from in a bit, so it would be nice to hear from them. (*hint *hint*)

Lily Allen Song Break:

"Oh yeah, I'm fine,
Everything's just wonderful,
I'm having the time of my life.

Don't you want something else,
Something new, than what we've got here,
And don't you feel it's all the same,
Some sick game and it's not insincere,
I wish I could change the ways of the world,
Make it a nice place
Until that day, I guess we stay,
Doing what we do
Screwing who we screw"


I have to say, I am wicked busy here at work, but I always find time to blog somehow. Keeps me (relatively) sane. And so does my music. Right now I have a crazy mix of RHCP, Jane's Addiction, Bjork, Bat for Lashes, Harry Connick Jr., RUSH, Supertramp, Prince, Lily Allen, and Sting. Yikes! I LOVE IT! I enjoy mixin' up a little potion of my own. It's amazing the similarities and threads that link them together. Music comes first for me, then lyrics, but today I definately have lyrics in my head that I think are great: Hence the Song Breaks.

Jane's Addiction Song Break:

"If I were you
I'd better watch out
When was the last time
you did anything?
Not for me
or anyone else
Just because
Just because

Hey! You really should have known
Yeah You, You really should have known
Just because
Just because

You got the most
but nobody loves you
nobody has to
Just because"


I am heading home to see the parents and get my car worked on this weekend, so the quiet of a laid back weekend is greatly anticipated. I haven't been home in over a month and a half. When was the last time I was home? (Oh yea, Hmmmm...) Anywho, I am looking forward to spending some time, taking some walks and "eatin' good in the neighborhood" as my Dad likes to say!

Have a wonderful weekend, and listen to some good music!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger C.C. said...

This weekend I had a dream that I had thick dark hair the consistancy of men's chest hair growing on my stomach! The dream was so vivid I remember putting my hand on my stomach and actually feeling it there! I felt like Wolf girl!!! Sooo gross..however, my dream dictionary says that I can look forward to a steady increase in material wealth! Let's hope this one rings true!

Weird... I can't trace that to anthing that happened or I saw recently, which makes it perfect as a dream sign!

4:16 PM, October 15, 2007  
Blogger Sparkles said...

hmmm... that jane's addiction song says "just because" a lot!!!

11:53 PM, October 16, 2007  
Blogger C.C. said...

Sparkles! I KNEW you would say that! It's a good "just because" tho! I laughed when I thought of her as well!:)

8:53 AM, October 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home