Monday, October 15, 2007

Do Wop Monday!!!

Not at work today. Had a Dr. Appt this morning, everything is good so far...yeah I know TMI~. Over the weekend I did have something weird happen. My left eye got all swollen and was sore and itchy. It doesn't seem like conjunctivitis, but I stayed home this afternoon anyway since I already had a 1/2 day for my other appointment. I didn't want to spread it if it's contagious and I feel like crap with it anyway. I have been doing the eye wash thing and I took some benedryl in case it is allergies... This sucks. I guess I really do need a eye patch or something! "MY EYE!"

Now for something more interesting than my health! I've got the puppet bug from that Harry Potter skit I posted earlier last week, so I decided to search for my favorite Sesame Street skit: "Do Wop Hop!". Jim Henson was a genius! He always knew that dancing and singing is what puppets do best! I've known it since I had my puppet theater long ago, and this little skit (along with Muppet Movies and The Muppet Show of course!) definitely had a huge impact on me. How fun is this song???


I love the part where they just start throwing the puppets into the air...God that makes me laugh so hard still!!!

ANYWHO:
Keeping with the puppet theme: I have to say that while definitely not for the kiddies, "Team America: World Police" was great. The puppetry was AMAZING and it was FREAKING HYSTERICAL! Thanks to Tabbi for letting me borrow it. It was a riot!

An interesting fact is that RUSH included an instrumental piece on their latest album Snakes and Arrows entitled "Malignant Narcissism" that they had written because of the movie. The line is actually embedded in the song at one point: "Usually a case of malignant narcissism is brought on during childhood".

Connections like this (that I was not aware of) are popping up everywhere lately for me!! But that might be another post...

Kim mentioned that a puppet movie should be next in line for our pet film projects. I say "Let's do it!". Don't worry, we won't have any ancient druidesque societies, French Knights or petrified feces in our puppet film. Unless...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the Muppet's Doo Wop Doo Wop stuck in my head, I love that show and I love the song. Nathan and I were laughing so hard watching your video. Where did you get the Rush fact from?
Looking forward to your puppet movie!

8:05 PM, October 16, 2007  
Blogger Sparkles said...

hey i remember you showing me this video at the library. i love kermit and he is especially funny in this :)

11:59 PM, October 16, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't think of anyone who hates Kermit. I love the little green guy=) The Muppet Show Season 1 and 2 are out right now on DVD. I can't wait to buy them. I love their movies too, esp the Great Muppet Caper. The Baseball diamond scene at the end is the best!

1:39 PM, October 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home