Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Stereotypically Speaking...

I am sorry but I need to rant a bit about a coworker at our Texas office. Now, stereotypically speaking, Northerners see Southerners as slow and dumb. I guess it would be fair that Southerners see Northerners as stressed and rude. Let me explain why these stereotypes are true (for me anyway).

Dealing with our office in Texas is at best a pain in the ass. In my experience, they are extremely slow on the uptake of information, tend not to be consistant in their work and take offense to any directions given to them. This particualr worker is seems to be extremely dense and doesn't seem to grasp the simple workings of ordering and tracking office supplies.


Now I realize that the world of office supplies can be very fast paced and stressful... But enough jokes. When your job is only to receive your product and fax the pack slip to NY, it's incredibly ridiculous that you cannot perform these simple tasks in a timely manner. It's been 3 weeks since she signed for 3 packages but only received 2 of them. Has she told anyone that she didn't receive the 3rd product? No. She was just going to "wait and see if it came in". Ahem...If you signed for 3 packages and only got 2, UPS is not bringing another package b/c you signed for 3 already and they figure it's complete!


So back to the Stereotype discussion. These North vs. the South ideas come from situations like this. She's so stupid and slow she can't grasp the easiest ideas and complete the most simple tasks. Me telling her what she needs to do, as nicely as I can considering this is not the first time, has made me look stressed and rude.



How do we stop these stereotypes?


Southerners need to stop being so freaking slow and stupid and we Northerners won't be so stressed out that we are rude to you!

No seriously, that was not meant to offend anyone living below the Mason Dixon Line, 'cause I have lots of friends in the south, and I love the south. I just think you should all know that there are certain people who are helping to continue those stereotypes and perhaps we should band together and... never mind that idea might be considered illegal in most states.

ANYWHO:

Sure, this is a petty thing, a monkey could do this office supply stuff. That, my friends, is the dilema. I am supposed to oversee that orders are placed correctly and get received correctly and this bullshit makes me crazy. I have enough other crap to worry about, and believe me, whether or not you got your toner or not is not on the top of my list. It's simple, just do your job and make mine easier!

I am amazed on a daily basis at the amount of people who actually survive everyday when they are so obviously inept. Obviously that last statement is across the board and proves that I am an equal opportunity basher. So no hard feelings y'all, 'cause I know more smart people in the south than I know smart people here in the north most days!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm....lol...do we really want me to get involved with this conversation?
;)

1:11 PM, January 10, 2007  
Blogger C.C. said...

Actually, I would like to hear your side since you have been living south for a few years now.

Man, when I get annoyed I get annoyed huh? My rants are terrible!

Home today 'cause I was sick and tired...of work...so I have been crazy resume updating and sending lady! Getting so much accomplished y'all! It's been very therapeutic!

But if anyone asks: I am home with a headache and sore throat. Actually I do have a headach and a touch of a sore throat, so it's more like a little white lie than a big ole fat one!! tee-hee!

1:41 PM, January 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home