Friday, January 05, 2007

Weekend Update!

So tonight I am heading out after work to a happy hour for Looney Linda, who's last day is today. As much as she annoyed me, now that she is leaving, I will have much more work to do and that sucks. 1 step forward and 4 steps back again for me I guess! But Hey! She is 47 and found a job that pays more than she was making here, so there is hope for me after all.

Not many are going to the happy hour b/c she was not very well liked...she was more just tolerated. I am going to be polite (and for the fact that they have a pool table there.) :) It should be fun. I have gotten a few people to come to hang out with me if nothing else. 'Cause you know me, "Bringin' the fun in!"




Some intersting news about a friend of mine from High School. His sister was in my "group" of friends throughout elementary and High school. Daryn and I always got along famously, bonding over silly things such as Coming to America and Batman movies and later on sitting around smoking the occaisional cigar and having discussions on many topics. He went to school for cinematography at Ithaca and has been involved with Independent films since he graduated a few years back. I just found out that his latest film was accepted at the 2007 Sundance Film Festival! It is called Low and Behold. Daryn is the Director of Photography on this film and it looks really interesting. he is also listed on IMDB. How cool is that? Congrats Daryn! Keep on keepin' on!


Quiet weekend here for once lately! I get to stay home! No traveling! Yippee! I do however have to clean my mess of an apartment and take down the tree and various Christmas decorations. I am hoping to get a few other things accomplished as well this weekend which will help me in the future and allow me to add a few things to my 2007 list. :)

Happy Friday!

2 Comments:

Blogger Artistic Soul said...

I am looking forward to a quiet weekend too!! Enjoy it. :)

11:48 AM, January 05, 2007  
Blogger Amy said...

1) Hope you have fun at the goodbye outing. I suck at pool.
2) My cooperating teacher gets to go to Sundance. I'll have to remember your friend's film & see if she'll check it out.
3) I hate this time after Christmas, esp when the decorations come down. It's so depressing. :-(

5:52 PM, January 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home