Monday, January 08, 2007

My Reading List

Recently I just finished reading "The Prestige" by Christopher Preist. Great book, and very different than the movie. Even tho I read the book after the movie, they were so different that they were both very enjoyable and still so.


My next project will be reading "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand. I say "project" b/c it is about 2 million pages long. Even tho the length tends to be a daunting task for me I have been told by Pinky that I will love it and she has been bugging me for the past 4 years to read it. I purchased it and "The Fountainhead" together a while back and Pinky has "The Fountainhead" since she hadn't read that yet. I figured now that Winter is upon us (if we ever get some friggin' snow!) it's the perfect time to begin this book.


BUT FIRST!
I must read something silly and ridiculous! To my surprise and happiness, my librarian had caught on to a little series of books by one Gideon Defoe. I think I had mentioned his first book "The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists" in another post when I had read it over the summer. We had just received "The Pirates! in an Adventure wtih Communists" recently so I snapped it up and am currently reading that. There is also another book she is ordering called "The Pirates! In an Adventure with Ahab". Those are the only ones out right now, and I hope he will write more.

These books are absolutely hysterical (and completely random). I highly recommend you pick them up and read them immediately! Check out the Author's Blog Site if you get a chance. You can read excerpts and get an idea of the wacky sense of humor this guy has. The title of his blog is genious as well, especially for those of us who blog and surf at work!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recieved Atlas Shrugged for Christmas, and will soon be reading, although I'm not certain what I think about Ayn Rand and objectionalism. I look forward to discussing it with you once we've both read it.

6:44 PM, January 08, 2007  
Blogger C.C. said...

Oh good Kevin! That will be great. Perhaps we should have a talk show format for our discussions and we can call it "Objectionism Today".

Just warning you tho, I am a slow reader, so it may be 6 months before I can discuss it! :)

9:46 AM, January 09, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arrrrrgh Matey!
I will have to read the Priates and the Communists. I love the book cover, esp. with Marx carrying a little bomb HA!HA! I'm so sick of reading serious stuff too, so maybe I'll check it it. Good luck with your Ayn Rand venture!

2:53 PM, January 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home