Friday, December 08, 2006

Holiday Song/Poem Contest!

I have seen other blogs do "contests" from time to time and I thought it would be fun to do one CC-style!



Here's the deal:

Since I enjoy being silly, I thought it would be fun for you to join in! A Holiday Song/Poem Contest! There will be two categories for you to enter:

  1. Choose a Holiday song and change the words
  2. Make up a Holiday Poem of your own

The Rules:

  • Obviously we want to "keep it clean". That said, if you have seen subjects spoken about it in my blog it's fair game.
  • A panel of judges will review the submissions and decide on awarding honors in two categories: Silliest and Most Creative.
  • Each author can enter ONLY ONE submission in each category. A household can have more than one entry as long as the authors are different (*hint * hint Henlib! Get those boys writing!) Pets do not count as different authors however! (sorry Fudge, Sally, Jack, Jager, Snake, Nilla, the kitties and Henry!)
  • Songs can be any song that has a holiday theme and includes any holiday celebrated at this time of year. It does not need to be the full length song, but sometimes that is the best way to go.
  • Prizes (yes, actual prizes) will be sent out to those who win. Winner's song/poem will be posted on cclifeorsomethinglikeit for all to enjoy.
  • To send in your song or poem: email it to cclifeblog@hotmail.com with your snail mail address (in case you win so I can send you your prize) Don't worry, I won't use your email address to send PieHole nasty letters, or sell it to that Russian Mail Order Mate service! Just ask Amy! I'm cool!
  • Submissions must be received by 5pm Eastern Standard Time, Wednesday, December 20th, 2006 to be eligible.


I know everyone is busy this time of year preparing for the Holidays, but I thought this would get everyone in the spirit and allow you to de-stress a bit and enjoy the season! I hope that you will all participate in some way with this, including those who lurk and never post (I love ya, whoever you are!)

Let the Silliness begin!


3 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

OK. I'll just need a pitcher of Manhattens to get me started...

12:29 PM, December 11, 2006  
Blogger C.C. said...

Ahh, yes... just enough nectar to get the creative juices flowing!

I think I will work on a poem and a song as well, but it will be just for fun since I am not allowed to enter...

The great thing is we have discussed a bunch of holiday songs in previous posts if anyone needs a starting point!

12:44 PM, December 11, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if my creative juices are flowing in this direction this month. It was hard enough to write my darn Xmas letter yesterday!

1:18 PM, December 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home