Friday, December 08, 2006

Holiday Meme

I stole this from Amy, but she said I could, so it's actually OK! :)

"Welcome to the 2006 Holiday Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends! You know the drill. Don't be a scrooge!!! Change the answers to your own and forward it on including to the person that sent it to you."

  1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate w/ TONS of marshmallows first, then eggnog in my coffee later!!
  2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Depends on the size and shape of the gift and also how much time he has.
  3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored!! White is pretty but no fun!
  4. Do you hang mistletoe? If I had someone to smooch you bet your ass I would!
  5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually two weeks after thanksgiving, this year I did it the Monday after b/c it's the only night I am home to do it.
  6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Squid!! Dad makes it in a marinara sauce. Yummy! I love it!
  7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Having EVERYONE home for Christmas Eve.
  8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? The truth? What truth? Aww! I knew it! The beard is fake, right?
  9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We open some Christmas Eve b/c some people go home that evening to have Christmas morning at their own homes. Then Mom, Dad, Anne and I open ours in the AM.
  10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Special ornaments given to me or bought thru the years. Since I don't have many years yet, it's a small tree with a few small tokens...and colored lights...because they are fun!!
  11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it when I can play in it, Dread it when I have to drive in a storm of it!
  12. Can you ice skate? Yes, I think I still can. it's been awhile but I think I'd do fine!
  13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Childhood gifts stick out: The Dollhouse or the Puppet Theater my family made for me! Those were the BEST!
  14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with Family and being "Festive". (right Lamby?)
  15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? National Geographics...you know, peanut butter blossom cookies we make...I'll let you think about that one!
  16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Recently learning to make homemade pasta with Mom, and of course Our Annual Cookie Bake-A -Thon with my Mom, sisters and neices!
  17. What tops your tree? A beautiful gold sparkly star, reminiscent of the shape of the star that is most commonly depicted as the star that lead the Wise Men.
  18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I love Giving. It's fun to think of and shop for presents for people. But Who doesn't love receiving??? Especially when it is the Extended Edition of Pirates 2, or widescreen of Batman Begins, Finding Neverland, Sahara, Hidalgo or The Corpse Bride? (am I subtle or what?)
  19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? See last post!
  20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? They are good, but better to look at!
  21. Favorite Christmas movies? See two posts ago, and add Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas. :)

Hey, That was fun! And Yeah, I guess all I want are DVD's...

You know what else is fun at Christmas time? Answering your phone like this:

"Buddy the Elf! What's your Favorite Color?"


Go ahead! Try it. It's very liberating!...especially when it's a telemarketer!
Come on! Dare to be Silly!

Just for Kim (and the fact that it was wicked cold out this am...not even 20 degrees):


Oh yeah, and keeping with the Holiday Theme this week, check out my profile pic! tee-hee! Happy Friday! Have a GREAT weekend!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever I touch, turns to ice in my clutch, I'm too much!!!
Thanks Carol :)

6:34 PM, December 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice CC. I hate that my week's have been so busy lately that I haven't had time to blog or anything. Bleagh. :-(

4:49 PM, December 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home