Friday, March 31, 2006

Spring Fever

I just came back from a trip to the bank on my lunch and the weather is BEAUTIFUL!! The sun is hot, it must be close to what they predicted: 76 degrees for the high!!! I realize that tomorrow it will be back to the 40's and 50's, but it definately makes me want to play hookey and do something fun!

Some Updates:

401 HEY!
So I did the 1% 401K deal. I can change my percentage at anytime, as well as my investments. My company will match up to $500 which is cool, but I couldn't afford to take advantage of the maximum. I guess at least I am in there and we'll just see where it goes from there.


Gettin' Some Schoolin'
Amy has been updating us on her progress as she is going back to school so I thoguht I would take the opportunity to say "Woo-Hoo!" to Amy on her accomplishments and to tell you where I am in my plan. I have mentioned that I needed a few credits (ok more than a few thanks to a BA degree in Speech Communications and Anthropology) So I needed one science which I took in the Fall. Got an A.:) I need a few English classes so I took an English Lit. winter mini. Got an A.:) I am now in the middle of a Financial Math class. For those of you who know me well, Math is not my favorite. I am afraid of Math. Math is Evil...until now. During the semester we take quizes and tests. I have gotten 100's on the last 2 quizes and the last test!! This is amazing for me b/c I hate tests too and Math + tests/quizes usually = major flunkage/freakouts from me. So far so good, I have remained fairly calm. All I need is a B, but I am striving for that 'A' that I have never before attained. I am on my way with mostly high 80's and 90's and a 100 on previous ones to add to my recent quizes and test. If I can keep up those and do really well on the final, I may just get that A!!! (and that, my friends, calls for a wicked celebration!!!)

Learning is so much more fun when it's practical like this class. It all makes more sense to me b/c I am dealing with loans, investments, depreciation etc. All those things I have and will be dealing with more and more. It also helps when you are older and more interested in being serious about your studies. It feels so good to be excelling at something I have struggled with my whole life. Maybe Math is not evil, but I am not at the point where I am in love with it yet either. Let's just say we have an understanding. :)

My Weekend and the 50th!!!
It's Friday. I guess I am going out with a few friends tonight. The rest of the weekend will be dedicated to last minute Anniversary Party things. As you have read we are having a 50th Anniversary party for my parents on Saturday, April 22nd. What's cool is that it's their actual anniversary date! Anywho, we are having a small family and extended family gathering since the line had to be drawn someplace. I think we started with a list of upwards to 400 or so...now we are down to 50-60 which will be a great workable, intimate affair. It's going to be awsome! I am so excited. 50 years...7 kids...9 grandkids...how cool is that? And let me just tell you all that they are truly in love...still. They hold hands and have candleight dinners. They are simply THE CUTEST. I hope that I am lucky enough to meet someone who is as true, loyal and loving as they are to each other.

On that note (awwwwww), Have a fabulous Friday and a Wonderful Weekend!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

That's so awesome about your parents! What a great example to have (not everyone's so lucky, which I'm sure you know!)
And, that's so awesome about your math class. WHOOHOO to you! :o) Thanks for your comments on my teachy blog, I love it!

5:04 PM, March 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home