Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thursday Thoughts

Thursday finds me thinking about a lot of things. Let's visit the my village (in my head) and see what activity is taking place, shall we?


Firstly, I am still struggling to figure out what percentage of my measely check I am putting into 401K. I guess in the huge scheme it really doesn't matter, just that I get in on this thing. So I guess I will start small and change once I feel I have more time to peruse and understand what my options are. Lamby has (as usual) given me some good food for thought and some good questions to ask. Wiccachicky gave similar advice in the comments as well.


Next I fondly think back to Monday night when nothing was on tv. I very forunately stumbled upon "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure" and it took me back. I love Pee-Wee, even tho his alter ego had a run in with the "indecent exposure" police, the guy is a riot and just makes me laugh so hard I cry. Today, in light of this, I added this movie, "Big Top Pee-Wee" and the entire box set of "Pee-Wee's Playhouse" to my "Someday" list. Who doesn't love a guy who has his own playhouse, likes to sing and dance, screams real loud when he hears the word of the day and eats Mr. T cereal???...What did you say? I know you are but what am I? Infinity!


Ever since I placed this bumper sticker on my car a year ago from my trip to San Francisco:

the nickname of "Pirate Girl" has been mine here at work. I found myself receiving gifts of pirateness like the pirate mug "Dead 'til I gets me coffee", next a pirate t-shirt, and then a pirate scull and crossbones do-rag, and pirate stickers. I bought myself this funky "What Would a Pirate Do? Folder last year:

And recently I found a beautiful, embroidered, heavy, comfy sweatshirt, for less than $10!! I was in need of a decent sweatshirt since I haven't bought one in years and will be getting rid of most of my old crap this spring, I thought "Ahoy!", I mean "It's black and very Piratey Why not!?...I am perpetuating the Pirate Theme that has become my life...ARRRRGGHH!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

*gasp* you hardly have any sweatshirts? I'm so disappointed CC ;o) Kidding. I just LOVE sweatshirts & hoodies in particular--so comfy! I'd love to have a piratey one, that'd be fun!

4:28 PM, March 30, 2006  
Blogger Amy said...

Ok, you HAVE to check this site out! Particularly this page!
http://www.80stees.com/pages/t-shirts/80s-movie/Goonies_t-shirts.asp

4:35 PM, March 30, 2006  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention - in terms of the percentage of your check - you should contribute whatever you have to in order to get "match" funds from your company. Often the match isn't that much, but it pays off over time. I have a fund I contribute $20 per pay check to, just because my university matches it $20. $40 a month doesn't seem like much, but you do that for 10 years or so and you all of a sudden have quite a bit of cash!

6:18 PM, March 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home