Sunday, July 19, 2009

Batman, Catwoman, The Batmobile and Me

On Saturday, another childhood dream came true! Chantal and I went to the Syracuse Nationals car show so that I could meet Adam West (1960's series Batman) and Julie Newmar (The BEST 1960's series Catwoman) and see the Batmobile.

I remember when I was little, probably 7 or 8 years old, the only thing besides food (lunch , dinner, ice cream) that would coax me out of the pool was Batman. At 3pm my brother Mark would yell "CC! 3 o'clock!! Batman!" and we would jump out of the pool and into our towels to sit and watch a half hour of silly. Even Mom allowed it, and the tv was practically unplugged and gathering dust in the summer from lack of use!

Batman/Bruce Wayne 1966

Adam West and I:

Catwoman 1966:

Julie Newmar and I:

1966 Batmobile:

Me in the Batmobile!!!!!:



Both Adam West and Julie Newmar were gracious and so nice. Adam West sang to me, and I think he thought I was cute...His face lit up when it was my turn but it's probably just because I followed after the two fat old guys! lol! Julie Newmar let me sit right with her for my pic (West's guy wouldn't let anyone behind the table: Boooo!!!) She was so friendly and I was like a deer in headlights when she looked at me and smiled. Those EYES!! She IS Catwoman!

It was an Awesome day! Thanks to Chantal for going with me!

4 Comments:

Anonymous henlib said...

You look so comfortable in the Batmobile! I love the pictures. Where was Robin? How about Batgirl (the librarian)?

8:13 PM, July 20, 2009  
Blogger Sparkles said...

It was so funny that the guy behind us said, "She better not take off with it!" It's like he knew that if anybody, you would be the one to do it! LOL Just kidding =)

9:28 PM, July 20, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god! LUCKY!

beth (big geek)

12:39 PM, July 21, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm 49 years old and when I was 7 the series started in Buenos Aires, Argentina and everybody loved it! It was on the air for many years and now again!
I played to be Catwoman!!!
You're a very lucky girl I'd love to be with my preferred actors from Batman.But I live in Buenos Aires.
Love,
Silvia

4:08 PM, July 25, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home