Tuesday, June 30, 2009

In the Spirit of Reinvention

Remember when Madonna went all 40's minx? Then a few years later embraced the Marilyn Monroe look only to spiral into a Dominatrix a while later? She is constantly reinventing herself and I like that. I aspire to reinvent myself as well, but without the embaracing pointy bra or nude public photo shoots of course.

I have begun by deactivating FB and looking ahead to the future and where it might take me. It's exciting to think I have the opportunity to look into an interest I have had since I was a little girl. Something that has developed into an appreciationg for history, art, and the preservation of the past. Who knows what will come of my fact-finding mission? The excitement lies in the journey, something I was always too afraid to do because noone else thought it practical.

I am well aware that it may come to pass that my passion may be only a hobby in the end, but I owe it to myself to really sink my teeth into it and try it on for size so that I will never look back and wonder "What if?". I am blessed to have this time to explore. I will not waste it and I will use it wisely.

One thing I will not abandon is my blog. I love my blog. The long and short of it. The silly and downright moodiness of it all. I hope you enjoy it as well, and I apologize for not posting more interesting things over the past year. Perhaps when my head is in the right place I will have more to offer...including clandestine squirrels and PieHole roasts. You never know what may come of this reinvention. I have always wondered what my version of releasing the "amphibious squadron" would look like!

~CC

2 Comments:

Anonymous henlib said...

Don't abandon your blog, I check it every day and am disappointed when you do not post anything.
I especially like your creative sense of humor (potty though it may be).

9:35 PM, June 30, 2009  
Blogger Sparkles said...

I am so happy that you are going to pursue your passion! Not only do I believe you will enjoy it, but I think you will have a lot of cool/exciting stories to go along with it!

P.S. - Us, Facebookers, will miss you! But yes, please keep the blog going... I love reading it!!

11:22 PM, July 06, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home