Tuesday, October 07, 2008

To Vote or Note To Vote?

This Presidential race has me frustrated. I don't support either candidate, I don't want to vote based on the VP candidates and tho I know one of them will win whether I vote or not, I hate the feeling of helplessness I have when I discuss the election.

I am registered to vote, and I vote in every election, national or local. (tho I have missed a few minor local ones here and there) Voting is a RIGHT and a PRIVELEDGE, and I feel that if I don't vote I am slapping every woman who fought for my right to vote in the face. Sadly, I only feel obligated to vote in this election because those women fought so hard to be heard, not because I am backing a candidate I believe in.

Unfortunately in this current race, I feel that voting is at best choosing the lesser of two evils, or as Lamby said the other day : "It's like choosing which public bathroom stall is cleanest"

So What's a Girl To Do?

I have sent in for an absentee ballot since I will be in London for Election day. I guess I could just vote for the local races and skip the presidential. Should I write someone in? I joke that I would write in Harvey Dent or The JOKER, but what would that prove? Only that the joke is on me.

The problem is that noone has taken the leadership of our country seriously, it's all been a big joke and now where are we? Without leadership, without options and without a CHOICE. We are limited to the billionaires who have the money to run and those who may have something real to offer the country in it's time of need are swept to the side because of financial short-comings. The system is corrupt and broken. How did this happen? Maybe it always has been this way and just now my romantic patriotism is fading to show me the truth of the matter.

I know I am not the only person who is struggling with the questions of Do I vote? Who do I vote for? Why Should I vote? I have spoken to many people who seem to be in the same place I am. I don't want to just throw my hands up and wave the white flag of surrender. There MUST be a way to rememdy the political disease that has overcome this great country of ours.

I guess we will have to wait another 4 years to see what happens.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

I'm with you...actually I said this Presidential election is like going into a public restroom...I just want to choose the one that is the least disgusting. Makes you want to cross your legs and hold it.
I haven't decided whether I will even bother. It exasperates me that the media has already decided which way our state will "go" with their lovely maps with "red" and "blue" states - as far as I know, we haven't voted yet...

1:55 PM, October 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am voting, I think it is important, even though we live in NY and NY usually goes to the democrat candidate, but you never know. I am not thrilled with either candidate, but one of them makes me wonder....

7:06 PM, October 07, 2008  
Blogger Sparkles said...

i am not one to pay much attention to politics because honestly they bore me and it has turned into simply a fight for power.. these 'candidates' are not fighting for the people of our country.. they are fighting for themselves.. to have the prestige of being the president of the united states! also these guys seem more concerned with tearing the other down rather than building our country up.. a presidential debate and election should not focus why your opponent should not be elected.. it should be about why you should be elected!

ok so there is my little rant about politics.. can you tell i get annoyed when i think about politics??? so yeah you can prob see, i am right where you are at too!

7:26 PM, October 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vote for ANARCHY!!!

8:12 PM, October 07, 2008  
Blogger AKT said...

I totally agree....Its all about the Benjamins....and the fact that congress is so corrupt, the president has no REAL power anymore, so anyone worth having doesn't want the job (poor Condi, shes cleaning up after g Dunns then peacing out to go back to teaching...smart girl).

I will admit though that I like Barack...though I don't think he will be the savior some make him out to be, he is definately something different...we've done the old cranky white guy thing, lets try something new and see what happens...we really have nowhere to go but up...hopefully. There is no difference anymore between Democrat and Republican...the US is well on its way to becoming a third world nation, with a very few of the people having the majority of the wealth and power.

Also, I can't bear to see Sarah Palin in the white house...OR representing our country...ESPECIALLY the women in it... I would rather see Paris Hilton actually run.


If you want a slightly lighter view on the election...check out my most recent and incredibly silly blog, written on very little sleep while I was all hyped up on coffee.

The way I see it, when I return to the US we will only have 1 more month to go in the worst Administration in the history of the United States...anf THATS a positive no matter what.

:)

5:15 AM, October 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home