Friday, October 03, 2008

The Good, The Redonk and the Are You Kidding Me??

THE GOOD: I had my first Marketing Strategy meeting yesterday and I must say that I totally kicked some ass. I have ben in this position for a year now, and since last year was a huge rush to keep the status quo and keep up in general, I had the opportunity and time to plan my attack this time around.

Let's just say that there were many jaws on the floor, because I am convinced that they still view me as the "young work horse" only and not a creative or marketing mind. Obviously they saw me that way because I came to this company in the position of Admin Assistant and then moved to Executive Assistant to the President, where I didn't have opportunity to showcase more than my organizational skills and friendly disposition. In that time I did however coin the name for a new product, later of which I found out the previous Marketing Manager passed off as his own of course. But they have since realized the truth of the creation lies with me.

Me with my agenda and handouts to back up my ideas for Catalog theme-tie ins and opportunities for higher exposure for the brand definitely shocked my audience. They were, to put it lightly, extremely happy and impressed with what I presented to them. The GM of the division remarked "We've come a long way from Bryan (the previous MM)!" to which I replied "Well, I've been doing this for over a year now, so watch out boys!" which was well received with luaghter throughout the room. That was definitely the GOOD out of my week.

THE REDONK. The Blood Drive was definitely a bust. I gave a 1/2 pint and ended because I had been bruised by the Nurse. The funny part of this is the nurse who signed me in and hooked me up had a scar on her face that ran from the corner of her mouth out across her cheek...yea, just like the JOKER. I felt bad, since I am sure it was a terrible accident that gave her that scar. I couldn't help it because all I could think of was Heath Ledger dressed in his JOKER nurses uniform, which made my fits of nervous laughter more apparent. I did however win a $25 gift card at the luncheon after the blood drive, so I guess that made up for my failing the blood donation portion of the test!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? How exciting that I get to go to VEGAS again this year for a tradeshow... right? Well, not really considering the current schedule. The group that is going is old and boring, and it's just not right that I have to go to VEGAS with a group this inept at having ANY fun at all. Not only that but now I have to set up and tear down the booth with Texas Asshole, putting me there a day earlier than anticiapted and having to hang out with him for an extra day. I could SCREAM. Exploring Vegas by yourself is fun for a day but 5 days? Seriously. This must be a cruel joke. I will be in Vegas with people who are the antithesis of fun... SO. NOT. FAIR.

Friday is here, and my weektho busy was not so bad. I have to admit that I am 1 month from LONDON and sooo looking forward to it. Alysa has so many great ideas of things to do and see and it will be so great to get there and sit in a pub and have a Guiness with my niece to start our adventures together!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home