Monday, September 22, 2008

What to see? What to do?

The top things that I want to see whilst in London?

  1. The British Museum (This is a must. How can I not stop by and see The Rosetta Stone!?)

  2. Stone Henge (Do I want to spend a day at a pile of rocks? Um Yea!! It's Stone Henge!!!)

  3. The Shelly Monument (Housed on the campus of Oxford, A pilgrimage inspired by The Saint)

  4. Hatfield House (Apparently Visitor Season only runs thru September 20th, so this is out... I am bummed)

  5. Buckingham/Kensington Palaces (Camilla, is that you?)
  6. Big Ben/Tower of London/Thames ( How can I not? And Hi! can you say Crown Jewels?)

  7. Picadilly circus/Harrod's (People watching and window shopping!)

Castles and Manor houses of any kind would be great. I am sure that there will be PLENTY of things for me to take in, and tho I want to pack a good deal in, I don't want to be rushed. I am interested in taking in the cultures of this great city, and standing in awe of the immense amount of history it holds.

Any recommendations?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol - I work with someone who grew up in London. Here are her suggestions for your visit:
Buckingham Palace - changing of the guard
London Bridge & Tower (where the queen's jewelry is kept)
Oxford Circus Station on the underground (shopping)
the theatre (there are people walking around London selling tickets)
Petticoat Lane in East London (shopping)
Camden Market (funky stuff - also shopping)
- Trainride to Hogwarts (just kidding)

9:10 AM, September 23, 2008  
Blogger C.C. said...

Thanks Kelly! I hope I can walk most anyplace with limited transport, BUT if your coworker has an hints on traveling within the city Tube vs buses etc that would be great too!

...Wait! You mean there is no train to Hogwart's at platform 9 3/4?

haha.:)

9:19 AM, September 23, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol - We are having system problems at work, so I have some free time. Here is what Karen said about getting around London:
London is great to walk around as there is so much to see, there are tons of buses too to get around where you can see what you are passing and then of course the Tube which is easy to navigate.

9:44 AM, September 23, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you could wait until after midnight and ride the Knight Bus!

7:11 PM, September 23, 2008  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

How about Sir Paul! I'd like to see that!!
L.

2:25 PM, September 24, 2008  
Blogger AKT said...

Sir Paul lives just around the corner...maybe a sighting will happen!

6:44 AM, September 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home