Thursday, August 07, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

A quickie since work is crazy hectic! Sometimes, some things will not leave my mind so I can move on to something else (that something else being actual work!!)so I will get this out of my system:

  1. The Police are auctioning off some instruments on Ebay for the benefit of public television. If you win any of the bids, thanks, I will never forget your generosity! (haha)
  2. THE BEST Review of The Dark Knight EVER! I stumbled upon this this morning and was shocked to see that a Catholic website understood this movie and therefore didn't damn it. I was so glad to read that the author "got it". I couldn't have said it better. Please read it here: http://www.catholicexchange.com/2008/07/26/113306/
  3. I have started a new book. It is called "The Crystal Skull" by Manda Scott. It is sort of interesting, because it seems to be more historically grounded than say Indy 4, but that's not exactly hard to do is it? I hope I can get into it. It's sort of boring so far.
  4. I used to be a daring girl fashion wise. I was always ahead of the curve thanks to my sister Linda who was at college and bringing back cool styles in the 80's. Now I basically wear black, no prints, not too many colors. Call me boring, but I call me economical. Everything matches everything else! So, when I come to work in a print...watch out! Everyone comments! It's really funny to see people's reactions: "Color!" " A Flower Print? Wow!" etc.
  5. Chantal and I are heading to Applebee's to hang out and catch up tonight after work. Next week she and Susan are coming over to view "The Lost Boys 2: The Tribe" which should be a riot! I also have a get-together with my friend Cyndi at some point hopefully next week. We are trying to get a group together to do dinner. Now that I have resolved to stay put and not move this fall, I am thinking of having a party at my apartment, or a few actually. I have been working too hard and not having much fun outside family gatherings and I really need to get back into my social life!

Okay that's my thursday thoughts. Now I can get back to work...:)

Have a GREAT day Everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home