Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday Morning Rant: BK Diddy, The Two Coreys, Bale's Assault Charges, Obama Abroad and Criss Angel

It's Monday. I am back to work from a three day weekend and since I cannot, without reprocussions, bludgeon anyone, I thought I would rant for a few moments on some things that are EXTREMELY ANNOYING lately:

1. "Diddy says BK is open late" Have you seen this commercial? What is it with this guy? Way to stroke the already enflated Ego of this narcicistic hood. I don't give a shit what Diddy says about anything. I get the audience he is trying to reach, which is definately not me, but the ad is so annoying, even if I did eat fast food I wouldn't go there!


2. The Two Coreys. I don't know. This show was entertaining last season, but this season it's just a mess. Feldman and Susie are doing their own thing, Haim is continuing to struggle with the fact that he hasn't grown up and hasn't found the ability to be self-reliant. I can't tell if it's bad acting or just the sad afterlife of a child-star hearthrob. It's depressing. Glad Feldman is keeping his head above water, but it just makes me sad to watch Haim continue to self-distruct each week. It's heartbreaking, especially if it's all a stunt for a "reality show".

3. The tabloids as well as mainstream media like CBS, NBC and ABC are so hungry for celebrity news that they will tarnish the name of a beloved comic book superhero. Look, I love Christian Bale for his acting abilites, but he's an actor and therefore probably an asshole and a bit crazy. I dont want to know what he does in his personal life, I just want to get what I pay for when I go to see one of his films. All the fuss about his domestic dispute with his mother and sister has been blown out of proportion and has nothing to do with "The Dark Knight". STOP putting headlines out there that say "BATMAN ARRESTED" or " 'Batman' Out On Bail After Assault Arrest". Bale is NOT Batman. Batman is a character he played, just as he portrayed a psychotic killer in American Psycho. It's an obvious attempt at a ratings boost by the media and it makes me sick.

4. Obama gives speech to 200,000 in Germany. The Germans like Obama so much apparently they will to show up in droves to watch him speak. Of course, we all know what good judges of political character the German people are, right? Yea. Hey You-hooo!!! Obama! The people that have to power to put you in office are over here in North America! Did you forget that you are running for the position of PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA? Not Germany, not Europe, not the World. Making some speeches in Europe doesn't mean that you now, all of a sudden, have the experience to lead our country in a global marketplace. This election is going to SUCK. I cannot stand EITHER candidate and we are fucked either way. I am moving to Scotland.


5. Criss Angel's new season of Mindfreak began last week. I DVRd it, (just like everything else) and watched it last night. His illusions are becoming campy and predictable. If he would do more slight of hand, which I feel is his strong suit, he would be more interesting to watch. Not only are his performances getting sloppy, but his looks are as well. He has gone from "weird hot" to "unibomber crack-head" since last season and he looks like he is on something. Perhaps the beard is all part of his act and in the next episode, which is live this week, he will pull his missing talent out of it! Great hiding spot Criss!


Well, that's it for me. Comments? Questions? Other annoyances? Anyone?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:12 AM, August 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home