Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Stop me if you've heard this one before...

You are having a bad day...well, that's an understatement. It's like the walls are crashing in around you and you think you are having an emotional breakdown...yes, you think this might actually be the psychotic break that you knew would always come.

Unhappy with my current living situation and the noisey neighbors I am looking for another apartment. Not only one that won't be lined with such paper-thin walls/floors, but one that is closer to work and more accessible for visitors. Save gas. Save your social life. You know, kinda like "Heroes" only without the cheerleader.

Work is overwhelming me at the moment. 2 Major projects and a few minor ones that think they are major, plus the knowledge of a few more major projects coming down the pike have made me completely flip my lid. Oh and add into it a few coworkers that I would love to play target practice with and you have a volcanic episode.

Oh and my love life? The wrong guys are always interested, I can never seem to meet any decent guys, and the guys that everyone seems to think I am perfect for are ridiculously immature and completely clueless.

Take these three main parts of my life, throw them in a pot and stir it up and that was my confusion of this week. You would think that by now, I would be used to the Scorpio death and rebirth cycle, but this one just hit me pretty hard. Add in the New Moon yesterday and you might as well hide in your bunker, cause the nuclear bomb is on it's way!

As usual, my sister Lamby is my voice of reason. I know when I have a freak out she will calm me, put things in perspective and prescribe the best remedies. One was "Drink a Manhattan or two!" and the next was "Retail Therapy!" I took her advice on the second remedy and went out and replaced my PS2. Going home and rocking out on GH for an hour mindlessly was wonderful.

Jimi Hendrix has been stalking me via the radio airways for the last two months...so I also (finally)bought a disc of greatest hits. Many songs and lyrics hit me as the perfect rememdy for my emotional turmoil yesterday such as the lyrics to "All Along the Watchtower" ("There must be some kind of way out of here" said the Joker to the thief. "There's too much confusion. I can't get no relief.") and "Manic Depression" ("Manic depression is touching my soul. I know what I want but I just don't know, how to go about getting it" and "Manic depression's a frustrating mess!"). Somehow, Jimi is doing his part to ease the pain and put things into prespective.

THANK YOU LAMBY!!(AS USUAL)

It is curious though, as I sit here I do feel different today. I feel as though something has changed. I hope it is for the better, and that this means a time of growth, change and focus is ahead for me. My horoscope is definitly on today:

Today's Scorpio Horoscope: Jun 04, 2008
Don't worry about not being on the right path, dear Scorpio, because you are. You seem to be always in the right place at the right time and there is no need to feel regret or shame about things that have happened in the past. Turn negative experiences into lessons for a better future. Even though you may not be able to change a certain situation, you can at least change your reaction to the situation.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget all the fun you have headed your way- Nathan and Ironman (and ice-cream), Rush, The Police, summer weather, swimming,fireworks etc.

Also, take comfort in the fact that you still look great (and a lot younger than many of the people your age)

8:11 PM, June 04, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's easy to feel like we're not on the right track when things don't seem to be going our way. I hope you are feeling a bit better today! You always seem like you're able to snap out of these funks pretty quickly and focus on the positive things in your life!

8:08 AM, June 05, 2008  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

I'm a huge proponent of "doing something for yourself" when I get feeling frustrated and "off base". I find it works better than killing a co-worker.
;)

11:57 AM, June 05, 2008  
Blogger C.C. said...

Thanks for the comments. I am looking forward to a summer filled with fun, and thankfully I do snap out of these funks fairly quickly!;)

Lamby, I have top say, retail therapy and manhattans aside, I would still like to kill that coworker...just wish there was some way of doing it and getting away with it (ie: no guilt, no jail time). I guess he will get his eventually. Little Napolean Bastard!

1:08 PM, June 05, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home