Tuesday, June 03, 2008

How did I miss this????

Just last week I had heard that they have actually made another Mummy Movie! Then I recently saw the trailer on TV. So I checked it out online http://www.themummy.com/ and also went to You Tube to embed the trailer for you all to see.




I have to say, since "The Mummy Returns" was such a disappointment, this one looks entertaining because the expectation is no longer there. I am disappointed that Rachel Weisz is not reprising her role as Evie, however, I can't really blame her after "Returns". I am NOT happy that Maria Bello has darkened her hair and is trying to use an english accent in order to play Evelyn Carnahan, but John Hannah and Brenden Fraiser are still in it, so they might get me thru it. :)

Many people are bitching about this movie and how it's based in China this time. Apparently they are not aware that Mummified remains have been found in other parts of the world besides Egypt. Obviously no civialization has painstakingly created mummies from their dead as the Egyptians since it was not only a part of their culture but also of their religions as well, but mother nature, as well as some (unsuspecting) cultures have made mummies.(whether they meant to or not depending on climate and burial provisions)

Yes, the chances that an Egyptologist like Evie would have enough knowledge of another culture like the Ancient Chinese to also be an expert in that field is unlikely, HOWEVER, if she is focused on Mummies, then Mummies of any ancient civilization would be of interest to her in order to compare and contrast them with her beloved Egyptians.

But, yea, this is a movie, so reality and logic don't necessarily have to play into it then right? I just wanted a chance to defend the movie's premise. Something I could never do with a certain summer LACKLUSTER movie that shall not be named.

BTW, the movie that shall not be named has started a ridiculous "jump the shark" type phrase: "Nuke the Fridge". Would someone please hand me my twin semi-automatic pistols? I'm heading for the Star Wars Ranch.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

"Bring out your dead!"
Oops wrong movie.

1:55 PM, June 03, 2008  
Blogger C.C. said...

Good Lord I am a geek.

Sorry for the disertation on Mummies in ancient societies...

:)

2:44 PM, June 03, 2008  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

Actually, I found your commentary quite stimulating.

3:26 PM, June 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home