Monday, April 28, 2008

Nostalgia Rules

This past weekend I was at a local new and used cd/dvd store and came across a blast from the past. Does anyone remember the 1984 movie "Breakin' " ??


My brother and his high school girlfriend took me to see this in the theater and I became obsessed with the music. The soundtrack was the first Vinyl album Soundtrack that I ever purchased (hence the nostalgia). I was 8 or 9 years old.

As corny and dated as some of the electronic hip-hop was, the music to this day still makes me want to dance! Hello??!!! Chaka Khan!!!! I bought the movie on Saturday and took a trip down memory lane on Sunday afternoon. Terrible acting, dumb splintered story, but it seemed to capture the excitement of Break-dancing culture in the early 80's. It made me wish that people would have dance wars instead of using guns to solve their problems. :)

It also made me think about two high school guys that lived down the road from me Their parents let them get that cardboard out and the boom box and they would mess around for hours on their driveway. We used to go and watch them break dance. I wonder what "Shabba Doo" and "Bugaloo Shrimp" would have thought to see country white boys trying to be street dancers...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

OMG! I remember that!

11:48 AM, April 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home