Monday, September 24, 2007

RUSH Kicks Ass in Ottawa!!!


I cannot even begin to say how impressed I was with these guys. Amazing is too weak a word, actually I can't even put into words how much I enjoyed this concert. I am so glad I went (thanks again to my boys and Kim who so kindly invited me to join them). If they ever want to go again, I am there!

These guys were so fun and seemed to just enjoy being able to play their music for the crowd. Geddy kept saying "Thank you!", so I kept saying "No!!! THANK YOU!!!!" Kim thought that was pretty funny. I went surfing for some pics to express my excitement, they are not of the Ottawa concert, but are from other Snakes and Ladders...I mean Snakes and Arrows concerts on the tour. :) These capture my experience as well as any pic I could have taken...

The stage complete with 3 chicken rotisserie ovens (right behind Geddy)!!! "Wipe that Chicken off your face and get out there!"


Geddy Lee on stage multitasking: This concert didn't have the honor of the rubber chicken tho it seems. I am glad ours did!


Geddy is definately the cutest thing ever. Not looks wise obviously, but the way he plays and runs around the stage every-so-often. He is so adorable and his passion for creating music just shines thru. His voice is peak and so amazing and he rocks out on that bass as well as the keyboard. He is further proof that bass players are my favorite...


Seriously, tho, Alex plays guitar like his soul is on fire. You can feel that emotion like electicity coming thru that guitar. Neil plays drums like it's his job...wait, it is! He mixes it up, turns it around and burns the candle at both ends. They are incredibly talented and seem incredibly down to earth and happy to share their music (old and new) with the crowd. They took the stage at 7:50pm and with only a 15 minute intermission halfway thru they played until 11!!!


Outstanding musicianship, amazing laser and light effects, pyrotechnics, video screens and rotisserie chickens! What more could you want at "An Evening with RUSH???"

6 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

So, did you like the concert?
;)

2:26 PM, September 24, 2007  
Blogger C.C. said...

Ha! Very funny Lamby. Yes, I am smitten with RUSH. Anyone who was at that show would be!

Oh, and do you like how I can spell Ottawa now??? tee-hee!

3:46 PM, September 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing missing was back stage passes and a pair of drumsticks from Neal (for Thomas!)

6:59 PM, September 24, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, it's pronounced "Jetty"...

7:01 PM, September 24, 2007  
Blogger Sparkles said...

i'm glad you had fun, but you are gonna probably kill me cause i still have no idea who RUSH is???

7:26 PM, September 24, 2007  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

I am so jealous you got to got to a concert. I haven't been to one in so long! Looks like you had a fabulous time!

10:09 AM, September 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home