Thursday, September 20, 2007

RUSH in Concert, Ottawa, Canada


Well tomorrow I am off to Ottawa to see RUSH in concert with my nephews and my sister-in-law. I am looking forward to the concert Friday night and exploring this amazing capital city on Saturday. We won't have a ton of time Saturday, but we should get a few hours to hang out which will be fun.

I enjoy RUSH's music, and I have for a while. I had a "RUSH Period" Jr and Sr year of High school which is funny because my nephews are going thru that now. One is a Sr. and one is a 9th grader. I am sure I will have lots of pics to commemorate the trip to post when I get back!

If you had asked me who I would go see in concert this year, I would have guessed The Police or The Red Hot Chili Peppers...I never would have thought of RUSH. I am glad I am going because if you think about it, these guys have been rocking out since before I was born and they just put out a new album and are touring! They sound amazing (hopefully same LIVE) and still have that fire. They are making music and loving it when other bands are dying out after 2 or 3 years together. Longevity is hard to find in modern goups. I mean the Stones, Areosmith, U2, they are all still hard at work and play. I LOVE that!

Hey, I wanted to see RUSH in concert when I was in HS, but I am getting the opportunity now, so heck yeah! I am going! :) It's gonna be a riot!

2 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

Ottawa.
I know...I am anal!

3:28 PM, September 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont forget the movie camera for your documentary of our trip!

9:36 PM, September 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home