Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Whatever Wednesday: Randomness & Reviews!

Welcome to Whatever Wednesday! Let the randomness begin!

I have to say that I am a firm believer in going with your gut. I never make decisions lightly, in any arena, and I always try to go with my gut. You know that nagging tearing feeling you get deep in your soul pointing you in a particular direction? Lately I have let my gut rule, and I have been so enlightened and freed. Whether work, personal life, even simple decisions, it never leads me astray. Example: I took my gut to heart with a work issue today and met with the President. Out of our discussion he assured me I was doing a good job. Gut feelings. Trust them, even if you can't trust anything else.

Music. Randomly strewn about the page in keeping with the Theme:






Movies. I have seen a few great movies recently. I would highly recommend "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". I have been wanting to see this movie for a while, and yes I am a bit of a late bloomer as of late, but I finally watched it and really liked it a lot. I loved the use of color to create not only a visually interesting pallette, but utilized as character developement as well. The scenes of "Memory jumping to hide" were well done and was a very interesting and intelligent story that was new and refreshing. Kate Winslett impresses me the more I watch her as does Jim Carey in more varying roles. The meanings and messages for me were many and I really enjoyed this bittersweet love story.


"Pan's Labrynth" is still on my shelf to watch. I am intrigued by this flick but haven't been able to sit and watch it yet. Hopefully this weekend will be a good time to sit and watch it after all the moving! I also have "Rear Window", one of my most favorite Hitchcock movies ever, that I got from the library as well. I need to purchase it and "To Catch a Thief" to add to my DVD library soon!

Apparently this week's emerging theme for me is TRUST.

TRUST your gut
TRUST me
TRUST him
TRUST her
TRUST time
TRUST fate

Yeah, so the heaviness right there, was random right? If it made you think and apply to yourself, all the better, for that was my intent.

UGH! This just happened while I was sitting at my desk so I have to mention it: I love when my friend Ed tries to make love connections. "Oh CC, this is my friend J. He's a lawyer. He's a good friend of mine" then 5 minutes later he calls me and asks "What do you think of J? He's a lawyer. Isn't he a tall guy?". "Good Eddie, thanks. He was very nice." I think he's hoping one of these times that he will figure me out and who/what I am looking for. He has NO IDEA and I think it's cute. He tries tho and he's a good friend.

Anyway: Me and my cryptic. Gotta love when I get in these moods and the words start flowing (and apparently never stop! This is a HUGE post folks! Sorry!) Hey! It's Whatever Wednesday! Anything goes!

4 Comments:

Blogger Artistic Soul said...

Yep. My Wednesday has been whatever as well. :) I recently saw Eternal Sunshine as well, and I didn't really care for it. I think I might have liked it better if it hadn't been Jim Carey...

11:00 PM, September 12, 2007  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

OK, so what DID you think of the lawyer?

11:10 AM, September 14, 2007  
Blogger C.C. said...

The lawyer? I didn't think of him at all. Not my cup of tea. You know me, I either am completely smitten or not at all. Unfortunately, that gets me into trouble! :)

I am glad Artistic Soul (otherwise known as WiccaChicky) commented about Eternal Sunshine. I am always interested in hearing different opinions on things (like movies). Everyone perceives things from different viewpoints, and someone who liked it as I did might find other things they appreciated that are different from what I liked. That's what good conversation is made of!

11:26 AM, September 14, 2007  
Blogger Sparkles said...

eternal sunshine has been a maybe on my "must-see" list for a long time, but you have not steered me wrong on movies yet so i guess i better move it up on my list. i still have yet to see rear window too- i will take it out and try it again soon :)

9:40 PM, September 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home