Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thursday Thoughts...and College Alumni Receptions.

Ahhhh...Thursday. The day after Wednesday and before Friday. The day of planning and packing and getting ready for the weekend for me. Thursday is the YAHOOO!!! before my YIPEEE!!!

WORK WOES: I am sitting here at work listening to some music (RUSH: Roll the Bones) and wishing I had something more productive and exciting to do. I have buttoned up all of my important projects and have done everything else possible to clean, organize and get ahead. They just cannot fill my plate with enough to keep me busy around here. I am sticking to my guns and not volunteering anymore unless I see a decent raise at my review in October. I have an entire list of projects and duties I have been successful at and gained for the company that I will be requesting a meeting with my supervisor to discuss in August.

MUSICAL HOPES: A note on my music selection: Roll the Bones was my soundtrack for the summer of 1991. I was going to be a Junior in HS, and the world was full of possibilities. This album still gives me hope that there is more to life than this. Music is my mood setter, it can mellow or motivate me. Life would be so dull without it.
I am (hopefully) going to see RUSH in concert this fall with my Sister-in-Law and 2 of my nephews. I hope they can get tickets! I am looking forward to it. RUSH in concert is a must see and will be very cool.

IN THE KITCHEN WITH CC: OOHH!! I made my very first (small) batch of guacamole this week! It came out really good. I have some ideas for next time, but still excellent for a first try and it was sooo yummy! Thanks to my Sister-in-law Cullin, I have enjoyed avacado in my salads and sandwhiches many times since I cam back from my last visit to Cali. Until i went out there, Guacamole was the only way I had eaten it, and I had never made it myself!!

ALUMNI NEWS: Back in June I attended a college alumni reception in my area for anyone who attended my college. Only about 30 people showed but it was fun b/c the smaller group allowed me to meet and chat with everyone. It was held at a local restaurant/bar downtown. They had some finger foods and cash bar. The highlight for me was when the Director of Alumni Relations recognized me from working my work-study job in College Relations/Alumni Accociation 11 years prior! What a great memory she has!...then again I often feel I am unforgetable...haha! Little joke. Anyway, Here is the pic that was sent with the thank you note for attending:

I am the third from the right 9or 4th form the left if you prefer) in the front row wearing a black sleeveless top. We are holding the College Banner but I cropped it out ('cause I like to be mysterious:)) Thanks to Big Geek for scanning it for me so I could post it today.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lamby31 said...

OK
You Alumni suck up.

3:01 PM, July 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No wonder she recognized you, you have not changed since then!

6:31 PM, July 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home