Monday, June 18, 2007

It's a Barn Dance Y'all!

This past weekend I went to visit one of my dearest friends and her husband in Massachusets. I arrived Friday late afternoon to their new home and we had a great visit. Chad cooked us steaks on the grill and we played the Wii! (yeah, uh-oh, I think I am hooked!) We also went to get some yummy ice cream for dessert!

The next day, after a huge breakfast at the local diner, we got ready to travel to Jess's Aunt and Uncle's place for a Barn Dance with her Mom and Dad and brother John. We stopped for a bite to eat at this great little drive-in and were on our way. Can I just say "Homemade Onions Rings!!!" YUMMY!!!!

We arrived at the beautiful farm nestled in the Birkshire Mountains around 6:30pm to a warm welcome from everyone. I love Jess's family. I have spent many summers with them at their camp on Lake Champlain, and I always feel like a member of the family. They are good people. :)

The band had arrived and everyone was pitching in to help set up. The barn had been transformed into a festive dance hall upstairs and picnic tables and food were plenty on the ground level. Tiki torches lit the long driveway leading to the party. I was able to visit the new goats (GOAT!!) in the barn and with one of the horseys named "Onyx". It was a beautiful night for a party!

Here are a few pictures from the event. I am hoping others will be coming from Jess's Aunt, as she was taking lots of pictures too.

A shot from the ground of the steps leading to the band and "dance hall" upstairs:

Here is the inside of the "Dance Hall" in the upstairs of the barn complete with haybales to sit on!

Awww! It's me and Jess, together again and having a blast! We've known each other longer than we can remember!!!

Here's trouble. Nate and I are too much alike. I'm not as Think as you Drunk I am!!!

This little guy is a family joke. The boys would always scare Jess with it, and so i have to join in on the fun! Good placement huh? Think Corey Haim in The Lost Boys: "You're history buddy!"

It was a wonderful weekend. I had so much fun with everyone, and no I really wasn't that drunk, we just get a little wound up!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Fab pictures. Looks like you had fun. :-D

4:06 PM, June 18, 2007  
Blogger Artistic Soul said...

OMG that wolf thing scared the piss out of me!! Looks like it was an awesome time -- great looking barn!

6:28 PM, June 18, 2007  
Blogger Sparkles said...

sounds and looks like you had a blast :) love the pics and that one of the wolf does look like Nanook (i had to look that one up) from the lost boys. "What did you do to my dog, asshole?" lol :) anyways, glad you had a great weekend.

10:26 PM, June 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home