Friday, March 06, 2009

Top Ten Reasons Why I Hate My Job

10. The coffee here SUCKS.
9. I like 3 people in the company...TOTAL
8. It's located in Syracuse, NY.
7. None of the higher ups ever follow the chain of command which makes communication about scope and approvals on projects almost impossible.
6. I feel more fufilled blogging than doing my daily "chores"
5. T.A.P. (The Texas Asshole, Blowhard, Bullshitting, Lazy-assed, butt-kissing, flip-flopping, Herman Munster look alike piece of SHIT...)
4. Nepotism prevails even in a time of layoffs. Playing office to add to the money you already have while people who gave 18+ years to the company to fill your pockets and still have nothing are laid off is just wrong.
3. Poor management styles that go unchecked.
2. Being stuck in the middle of poor communication and management skills between the higher ups, and designers who need to be spoon fed.
1. Bored Now. (I am bored with the products I am marketing, bored with the people and bored with the industry.)


OK, so maybe many of these things are part of ANY job. I obviously have an issue with authority, get bored easily and enjoy good coffee. Does this mean I should own my own coffee shop? :)

(and other sundry things)

The Smithsonian is stalking me. They have a great price on their magazine right now. I had stopped getting the subscription a year ago because is was too expensive. This offer sounds great though. I think I may renew. I do enjoy the magazine.

In the current economy I think there are a few places where you can still make a living: Mortuary Science (because everyone dies sometime), Health Care (for now anyway), and Movie Theaters (people love to escape from reality, especially now).

I saw an ad the other day that said the Mathmatics is the language of the world because no matter what language you speak, it is the same for everyone. I suppose that is true and as I always felt that Music was the universal language. Both are accurate since Music is after all mathmatically based.

Sometimes, I like to push T.A.P.'s buttons (see #5 above). I guess it is childish, but I see it as tit for tat. He likes to use stupid sayings in emails that he sends me with marching orders (even tho he is not my boss) like : okie dokie, "Me thinks..." and "What say you??" with lots of punctuation as well as smiley emoticons :) or ;) The other day after he sent me a long email I replied that (in the fashion of his earlier remarks) he probably should "run this by the president before we get started on this, okie dokie?" Boy did I get the reaction I was looking for. I chose my button pushing moments carefully, and this one was long overdue. I gotta admit, it was really fun.

Well, enough of my spouting off. It's Friday!!!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

T.A.P. sounds like Andy from the office. Does he sing at all? At least you still have a sense of humor!

4:07 PM, March 07, 2009  
Blogger Sparkles said...

You should throw JOKER lines in your emails to T.A.P. too just to mess with him a little bit more!! He might not know what you're talking about but I am sure you will feel some gratification on your end :)

11:01 AM, March 08, 2009  
Blogger C.C. said...

I guess you are right henlib, although my sense of humor is getting more sarcastic every day.:)

Sparkles, you bring up a good point. I should string a bunch of "Jokerisms" together in one email like this:

"Hi,

Six? Ah-ta-ta-ta! Let's not *blow* this out of proportion. You have all these rules, and you think they'll save you.You and your kind, all you care about is money. It's not about money...it's about sending a message!

If your're good at something, never do it for free. How about a magic trick?

I know the squealers when I see them, and... Why don't we cut you up into little pieces and feed you to your pooches, hmmm?

Why so Serious? It's all part of the plan.

All right. So, listen. Why don't you give me a call when you want to start taking things a little more seriously? Here's my card.

J.

Oh, and by the way, the suit, it wasn't cheap. You oughta know, you bought it."

Now THAT was fun! "I like this job...I like it!"

9:52 AM, March 10, 2009  
Blogger Sparkles said...

OMG That is HYTERICAL!! I have tears in my eyes from laughing so hard! You are sooo clever with these Jokerish things... Love it, Love it, Love it!!

7:14 PM, March 11, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home