Monday, October 20, 2008

2008 TV Season Review

Goodness gracious y'all! The 2008 tv season is upon us and I just have to report on the winners and losers so far in my book.

Returning Favorites

MONDAY NIGHT:

"Chuck" This show is still incredibly entertaining and seems to have fared well since the writers strike interupted it last season. I hope they can keep the momentum (and great writing) going. I would be sad to not be able to watch my favorite Chic Geek anymore(Winner)

"Heroes" I am not sure, but I think that since season 2 was lacking it has spewed into season 3. This season seems to be even more contrived. How disappointing from that first season that grabbed you so quickly. Tonight is the deal maker or breaker for me...If this episode hasn't improved from the last few, I will be deleting this from my must see tv list! (Loser)

WEDNESDAY:


"Pushing Daisies" I am sort of annoyed at ABC because of their lack of advertising of "Daisies". I was looking for the start date of the show this fall and couldn't find it...then a few weeks later I see that it has already premiered and I have missed the first 2 episodes. I will now try to catch up by watching the first two episodes online and then get to the episodes I have DVRd. I really fell in love with it last season and look forward to more seasons. (I hope this will continue to be a Winner)

"Criss Angel: MindFreak" This season of MindFreak was lame. His attempts to look cool are being overplayed and his "illusions" are getting more and more repeated from prior seasons. I wished he had gotten back to what he does best: Slight of hand. Angel is truly a master of this art, which is apparent by the fact that even after all this time one cannot figure out how he does his table tricks. The rest of his stunts are predictable if you have watched the show enough times to figure out his patterns. (Loser)

THURSDAY:

"Smallville" Lana is gone (HURRAY!), Lex is STILL missing (Hurry up he was the best part!) and the writing, acting and story lines are still elementary. I guess I am still watching this ridiculous show because it is a habit AND I actually am interested to see where it all ends...hopefully soon! (Loser)

Canceled Favorite:

Yes, that look of shock and surprise means that "Moonlight" has been put back into it's coffin. It sucks, and YES, the story line was lacking a bit 2nd half of the season, but I believe in redemption. Especially when Alex O'Laughlin is the hot blood sucker. Too bad, this show had potential, not sure the powers that be gave it enough of a chance. (This WAS a Winner)

Newbies:


"True Blood" I have already said it, it's disgusting but intriguing and like an accident I just can't look away. It's not a perfect show, but it keeps me coming back for more each week and I am not just talkin' about the cliff hangers. That Bill Compton sure is an interesting fellow. (Winner)

"Crusoe" Wow. Never have I seen a show that was so hyped and looked so good in the trailers that ended up being sooooo BAD! Not only was the dialog ridiculous, the acting was overdone by some, and the music was HORRENDOUS! Sean Bean's small role in flashbacks can't even save this show. They have stolen from every imaginable place to create terribly scripted scenes, as if forcing references from popular movies such as Pirates. It's ridiculous, obnoxious and unimaginative. To add to this, the music consists of more stolen themes played on synthesizers in the style of cheap Sci-Fi original movies. Even with a mediocre storyline and cast, the music can save a show if it is done right. My thoughts are clear: Crusoe should remain on that godforsaken island until a better offer comes along! (BIG TIME LOSER!)

Where in the world is...


"Reaper" CW keeps saying that my favorite bounty hunter for the devil will be back soon, but I haven't seen a start date yet. With my luck they will cancel it because the CW has no clue. Reaper is smart, witty and hysterical. The acting is outstanding and I love each and every one of the main characters...especially El Diablo. He is PERFECT. I hope the boys come back soon, the tv landscape is looking pretty tired without them! (it's a Winner if it survives and comes back!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAH guess who did the casting for Crusoe?

JZ.

Not surprised about ur review...

12:40 PM, October 20, 2008  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

I love reaper! I was wondering where it was! (but I never do weel with the TV schedule- therefore I never watch anything that requires me to see it each week to know what is happening!)
Perhaps Reaper will re- appear at Halloween!
L.

2:29 PM, October 21, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Office and House are the favorites in Henlib's home!

7:04 PM, October 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home