Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday etc.

Laissez les bon Temps Rouler!

Let the good times role, no matter how you spell it!

In other news, I wish I hadn't gone to story hour at the library today with my niece. Not only is this librarian VERY BORING (perhaps kids story hours are not your thing lady) but today she had a song (on tape to sing along to) and a puppet that she performed with that actually made the hair on my neck stand up...The puppet was a spider and this is how the song went:(the abreviated version anyway)

"There's a spider on the floor
Who could ask for any more...

Now the spiders on my leg
Oh he's really big!...

There's a spider on my stomach
He's just a dumb old lummock...

There's a spider on my neck
I'm gonna be a wreck...

There's a spider on my face
Oh what a big disgrace...

There's a spider on my head
Oh I wish that he were dead...

But then he jumps off..."

The song was creepy, You would hear only a single chord on the guitar then the guy would sing acapella and it was really weird. Then another chord for the next line etc. Unsettling. Here are two pics of the boring librarian and her stupid disgusting spider puppet:(click to enlarge...it's a cell phone people!)



Caitlin and Aunt CC have been having lots of fun as usual. Last night, we were extremely silly and someone wanted to try on my sneakers! Too cute!



And here are the lovely peach roses I got;

From my wonderfull brother Mark in thanks for helping out. How nice was that?

2 Comments:

Anonymous henlib said...

I think you allowed your hatred of spiders to prevent you from enjoying this fun song and puppet!

6:59 PM, February 16, 2010  
Blogger Sparkles said...

Umm.. yeah I would probably have nightmares if I saw this lady and her puppet perform that song! Plus that's not just a spider, it's a tarantula!! Freeeeaky!!!!

8:54 AM, February 18, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home