Friday, November 21, 2008

What if...

What if... I assembled a team to create my own Marketing, Design and Promotions Company?

Lamby could be our promoter and business generator, Pinky could be a creative consultant as well as manage our books and accounting, Nate P. could be the Illustrator, I could (after a few classes in Illustrator, Quark and Photoshop) become the designer, Chantal could be our web guru, Big Geek could be a creative consultant and designer, and Sam & Tabbi could be our IT team!

All of these people are great at what they do, and it would be a winning mixture. Lamby and Pinky are anchors, because they are in fact rennaissance women who can pretty much DO ANYTHING! That is always helpful! I can see the personalities meshing so well that we would actually HAVE FUN at work! Fun and positive energy is what helps my creativity flow and I feel it is an important part of a career. Love what you do, Do what you love. Your clients will notice!

I have interviewed a few such groupings of professionals for my current job and have been impressed with how they came together, but one in particular has failed to impress in what they offer and timeliness of their delivery of assets (hence we did not go with them for any projects)

Once I saw this I KNEW we could do better (of course), helping local businesses promote themselves thru web, advertising and other media outlets. But we need a hook, something that sets us apart from the competition, something more than the fact that we would provide a superior creative product in a timely fashion...

Something to ponder...yea?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, I'm in, but I won't take less than 100M a year.

;-)

beth (big geek)

Can I knit on the job?

12:30 PM, November 21, 2008  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:09 PM, November 21, 2008  
Blogger Lamby31 said...

I know that I have put on a few pounds, but did you have to call me an Anchor?
:)
L.

2:10 PM, November 21, 2008  
Blogger Sparkles said...

thank you for the vote of confidence... hopefully i will have my own tomorrow around one o'clock!! LOL cross your fingers for me :)

9:24 PM, November 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home