Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Indy Jones 4: What will they dig up this time?

To quote my rommate: "What is Indiana Jones going to dig up this time? Himself?"

She cracks me up! If you could only hear our banter back and forth busting on Indy and how he has to turn in his whip for a wheel chair. But seriously folks, I am nervous but extrememly excited for this movie. It will be what it will be (but please don't kill Indy in the end!!!!!)and I will definately be along for the ride. Oh, and I am bringing a few friends along, right Jess and Nate?

Yeah, Indy is getting old. We all know Harrison Ford turned 65 just recently, but the pics of him are looking pretty good. The old boy has whipped (no pun intended) himself into pretty decent shape and is looking ready for the challenge:



Apart from digging up his son, as I had discussed many moons ago here on CCLIFE, I wonder what artifact of note he will be persuing. He's found the Ark and the Grail, and 3 Sankara Stones from Temple of Doom but what will his next adventure uncover? IMDB says the working title is "Indiana Jones and the City of the Gods" which makes me lean towards artificats from a Polytheistic culture...

Did some research and found that Teotihuacan in Mexico is called "City of the Gods". Located about fifty kilometers northeast of Mexico City, it was occupied around 150 B.C. through 650/750 AD. Excavations have been conducted at Teotihuacan for over a century and include the Pyramid of the Sun, Pyramid of the Moon, Feathered Serpent Pyramid, Avenue of the Dead, Cuidadela. I have seen this on the Discovery Channel, very complex site and could generate a lot of interesting storylines. Hmmmm...

I am trying not to read too much about the production, since it would be nice to be surprised and not know too much before it's released, but it is fun to guess! I love being a Geek! If you would like to know more about the movie, head on over to IndianaJones.com and check it out. Oh and crank those speakers!!!

As for a release date, Memorial Day 2008 sounds good to me!


Some of my Favorite quotes from the previous movies:

"They're dates. Ya eat em!"

"Indy! Henry! Follow Me! I know the way!"

"Egyptian Asps. Very dangerous... You go first!"

"I know Dad! It happens to me all the time!!!"

"Hello Marion."

"Wiskey!!"

"I burnt a finger and I cracked a nail!"

"No time for Love Dr. Jones!"

"Knock it off!!"

"What's This?"
"The Ark of the Covenant."
"Are you sure?"
"Pretty sure"

"Please, sit down before you fall down."

"I didn;t know you could fly a plane!"
"Fly? Yes. Land? No."

I could go on forever! Let's hope the next installment will have many great quotes as well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home