Friday, November 11, 2005

Fabulous Friday and Personality Conflicts

Well, it's Friday! Thank goodness for Friday!! I mean seriously, this week was the slowest most boring week on record here in Carolville...I need some excitement! Some spontaneity!! Actually, I am looking forward to a weekend all by me onsies. Carolyn, my roomate, has a wedding to attend so I will have full run of the place from Sat am until Sunday early afternoon. No offense, it's just nice to have some quiet time to yourself once in awhile. Not that I have any spectacular plans..cleaning, classwork and maybe a Buffy-athon (I am experiencing MAJOR withdrawel symtoms). I may head to the mall to shop for Dad's upcomnig B-day and window shop for myself.

OK, OK, I know what you are thinking...I need a man...TELL ME ABOUT IT!! Not having much luck lately so if you can find one with all of his teeth, an education and a decent steady job I'll forever be in your debt!! Oh and actually, up that order to two guys b/c Carolyn would like one as well!! Carolyn is getting some quiet time of her own today b/c she is off for Veterans Day. Yeah, I am trying not to think about the fact that she has today off and I am here at work. Reason #742 for being a teacher! Just kidding!

Anywho, I had begun writing the following yesterday for "Thursday Thoughts" but never got a chance to post it.

PERSONALITY CONFLICTS:

We have all had the experience of working with someone who for some unknown reason we just don't click with. They seem nice enough, but they just rub you the wrong way. I am not talking about the obnoxious person who lets you know they don't like you, or the creepy guy who leers at you when you walk by. I am talking about someone who, tho you can't put your finger on it, you just want to rip their head off and flush it down the toilet...OK sorry, let's get to the persons I am speaking of...yes there are more than one!

THE PSYCHO WITCH
The first is a woman we will call LD. She has got to be the most obnoxious, two faced, lazy, lying bag of bones! She spends her time on personal calls, shopping online and still enlists others to help with her workload!! She should take some notes from me: I get my own work done, ask for more work and do extra, and always have time to blog and email throughout the day. She is selfish and hypocritical. She definately has some screws loose (maybe all of them). My first month here I witnessed her having a freakout/breakdown in the middle of the office! Once I moved to the President's Assistant job(yippee)they moved my desk and I no longer sit in the cubical next to her. On the Friday before my birthday, people here at work brought in food and cards and some presents for me... So nice and unexpected! LD went into a tyrade about what happened to her the night before and how her back aches and her daughter is upset about her Dad getting remarried and how she cried all night etc.Apparently she was craving attention but I don't care if she has a pain in the ass or her daughter is 24 and can't move on etc!! It's my BIRTHDAY!! It's a HAPPY DAY!! and I don't want to hear all of her whining!!! She goes to a different DR every week. One day she has a mammogram (which I swear she did 3 months ago then a bone density test and blood work...Why doesn't she have a head test while she's at it!!??? I have never seen anyone have so many Dr appts! She is also the bigmouth of the office and will spew whatever she hears...this however is quite fun at times when I purposefully tell her tidbits and see where the trail leads. (insert maniacal laugh here):)

OK I think I covered everything there. Let's move on to the one I really can't stand. LD is fun to make fun of and I can at least get along with her during the day.

THE KNOW-IT-ALL
Then there is EB, saunters aroundlike she owns the place, noses around to see waht you have for lunch and if you try to be nice and have a conversation it her, she cuts you off and talks over you. She's a know-it all. She trained me on the phones and she has the personality of a toenail clipping. If you smile and say hello she will ignore you, because she is EB, and she will never lower herself and speak to you! Now it's time for me to boost my own ego at her expense: She actually did the voiceover for the phone system before I began working here and she had to constantly redo them and she kept messing up. It took her over an hour to do it. It took me about 35 minutes! She is in her 40's and not a pretty woman so why the attitude? I do not know, but I would love to bludgeon her about the head and shoulders...ok not literally, but you can feel the intensity of my dislike with that phrasing. I just can't stand that self-righteous 'tude. Just looking at her makes my blood boil.

MISS NOSEY
Ok there is another one who is just a busybody. We will call her KD. She is in accounting and has a very wacky sense of humor. So out there in fact that even I don't get what her deal is, she just seems fit for a straightjacket sometimes! I was walking down the hallway with some paperwork for the President one day when KD passes me by. Being too stupid to be stealthy about it, KD walks past me and as she cranes her neck obviously she tries to read my documents!! Hello? NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!! Then she tries to out-stealth me (which is hard to do, mind you) byt asking me questions about different employees for attendance purposes...to which I respond "gee, I'm not sure KD!" (insert innocent face) I would love to hang her by her nose blindfolded! She is just annoying!!!

I know all of us can relate (especially Beth because she works here too) Hence, this post! Have a story from a annoying coworker you'd like to share? Post it in the comments!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeez I had to make sure my intitals weren't included in there! The funny thing about LD is she says she does't gossip! HA! What would Jesus think about that?

big geek

I think you nailed everyone. good work ;-)

10:10 AM, November 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not pleased. Don't make me come down there!

11:39 AM, November 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WAIT! WAIT!! I am SURE you have one of these in your office...

IHAK's

The I Have A Kid

…so I get to leave early
…so I need to take a 1/2 day
…so, can’t you just work on this project

These are the people that take advantage of those of us that don't have kids...so we get to stay late, do others work; take on more projects - usually WITHOUT compensation...

And…and this is my favorite…I have to leave @ 4:30 to pick up my kid – so whatever we need to go over, we need to do it now. I’m sorry…I thought our hours here were until at least 5 o’clock…and hmmm…I can’t remember getting to the parking lot before 6 because of all the work needing to get done around here.

Yes, one day I will be a mother. However, if I in fact choose to go back to work, it is not the responsibility of those who do not have kids to make sure my workload gets done. Nor is it others’ responsibility to make sure that they work on my time schedule…we all should be working on the COMPANIES time schedule.

LOL…clearly you’ve hit a nerve!!!

12:16 PM, November 11, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry - it should have been Company's...not Companies...

see, I am all fired up!

12:17 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Amy said...

I have a co-worker here that for some reason rubs me the wrong way. They're nice enough, but most of the time I just want to yell "AUGH, SHUT UP! I DON'T CARE" However, they're sensitive & that might make 'em cry. At least I know I'm not along--my other coworkers aren't fond of that person either. "ajmvibb"--tee hee!

12:58 PM, November 11, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home